Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Need Help for Wedding in New Cumberland

I'm having my ceremony at St. Theresa's Catholic Church and reception at the Susquehanna Club in New Cumberland.  If anyone has advice on photographers, DJ's, florists and hair/makeup people who cover this area or have used these venues I'd appreciate it!  Also, can anyone recommend a scenic "woodsy" outdoor site nearby for pictures?  Please help!

Re: Need Help for Wedding in New Cumberland

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pinchot Park would be a great place for photos!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my hair and make up done at Deuce Gibb Hair Salon on 4th and Bridge which is right down the road from St. Theresa's. Tommy was my stylist and he was fantastic. It was a lot of fun getting my hair done there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a park in New Cumberland with all the sports fields but also has really pretty trees down by the creek.

I used Mark Hoover for my DJ and he was fantastic!  He's out of Mechanicsburg so super close.   www.djmarkhoover.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Deuce Gibb Salon!!! I used to go to Christopher (when I lived in the area), I'm just not sure if he is still there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JessMike07JessMike07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For hair: Moxy in Lemoyne

Flowers: Pealers (DO NOT RECOMMEND!!) My friend used Hammakers on Market St in Camp Hill. They were much better and cheaper!

Pics: Camera Box (Loved 'em)

What about City Island for outdoor pic? We did the Capitol which was cool!
    ~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KahunaChicKahunaChic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Olde Towne Florist & Greenery in New Cumberland for her wedding over the summer.  The flowers were beautiful and I believe reasonably priced.
  • Options
    gmk1784gmk1784 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Olde Towne Florist in New Cumberland for my wedding and I loved them, and they're very close to St. Thersea's so I think they have a lot of experience with weddings there.

We used Conte Photography for our pictures. Lisa was our photographer and she was amazing, our pictures came out perfect.

• Options
    AaronAndNikkiAaronAndNikki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mixed Up Productions of Harrisburg is doing our DJ services.  They are great!  If you list to the radio in the area, you probably hear them on the radio (Mike Miller and Chris Garrett - Chris does traffic a lot).  Anyway, Chris did my brother's wedding and he was amazing as the DJ but also did everything else he could to help out (got the bride chapstick, got the wedding party served drinks during dinner even though the bar was closed, etc.).  And let me mention... Chris used to be a wedding planner!  How great is that?!  He certainly knows how to run a wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married Oct 2, 2010 at St. Theresa's also. Getting down to taking care of the last few details and it's slightly stressful! (I'm also in grad school and living in Pittsburgh so doing anything back home is hard!)

I'm using Olde Towne Florist and they seem pretty awesome. Exactly what I wanted for my flowers was really reasonable.

I just wanted to comment to whoever suggest about getting pictures at Borough Park...There's usually goose poop everywhere there, so I would scope out your area before you go there in your gown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards