Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Flowers

Ladies what did you budget for your flowers? I have been looking at the florist online and they say they are less expensive but I'm just not sure.

I am having a fairly large bridal party with 6 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, and 4 flower girls. I don't need centerpieces or flowers for the church. Does $700 sound reasonable or no?

TIA

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers

• Options
    stepinger2011stepinger2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing LIve or Silk? Because it really does make a difference in what is considered "average" price. Also if silk- the QUALITY of the silk makes a difference.

And if live, the kine of flower you use makes the price go up and down as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married almost 4 years ago (yikes!) so these are old prices, but I really think we paid around $1000 for all of our (live) flowers (my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 12 centerpieces, bouts for 5 groomsmen and several family members, and other miscellaneous flowers). Sounds to me that you might be able to get them cheaper if you look around a bit more. hth
  • Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jas you should check with Karen on Country Road. We are having 2 BM and 2 GM my flowers, grooms, usher, reader, ceremony decorations, reception decorations, toss bouquet and cake flowers and my estimate was around $1000. She's great to work with and understands how to do things to stay in your budget without sacraficing design or flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Petals with Style.  I didn't do too many flowers, but they were VERY reasonably priced and she will work with any budget!
  • Options
    Jas0920Jas0920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help ladies. I will be looking into the florist you gave me.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    h_pearsonh_pearson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Pealer's in Mechanicsburg and for a little less than $1000 we're getting centerpieces, 6 bouquets (mine included), 4 boutonnieres, ceremony decorations, and a toss bouquet. Our flowers included hydrangeas, roses, and orchids as well, and the florist understood my vision and worked with me.
  • Options
    torrtytorrty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there...

look at the flowers has an amazing owner that works on YOUR budget... theres no price outline @ all...

Her name is Gina Mekky Baltzley.... tell her Torry sent you :)

Her contact is 717-332-8180
    ps the flowers are absolutely amazzzzzziinnnnnngggggg  goodluck and take care!
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm a little late to this post, but also contact Fosters Flowers in York, PA.  I met with her today and I'm getting everything I wanted and needed and she came it exactly at my budget! I am also meeting with Karen's on Country Road on Tuesday since I've heard so many good things about her on here! Also, I budgeted $1500-2000 for flowers for my bridal boquet, 4 BMs, 4 GMs, 2 moms, 1 dad, 2 sets of grandparents, ceremony decorations, centerpieces for 13 tables and other reception flowers.  I'm sure it can be done for less, but I wanted some specific kinds of flowers. HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JJLeon210JJLeon210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're still looking...try Floral Designs by Heather Ann. She is AMAZING. She works young and cute and really knows what she's doing. She works out of her house so you dont pay a lot of overhead costs.

Also, no matter where you go, see what the price difference is if you pick them up yourself (or have a mom or someone else do it).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards