April 2012 Weddings
Options

And the drama begins... (vent)

ok... so I edited my original message, I was venting and I wrote almost a full book of complaints LMAO.  I feel a little better now though...
Well lets get to the drama, my FI's parents live in Mex., and we changed the date of our wedding twice, because of them. So we decided it was better to ask them when would they be able to travel, and they said after April 17th, so we booked venue, asked the Church to change the day, and booked the photographer. And today, his dad calls to see if we can change the date, because the sister of my FBIL's wife is turning 15 and will have her bday party that day!!! btw my FBIL lives here and is traveling to mex for that party, and we talked to him about our plans in march and he didnt mention anything. you can imagine how furious I was! I still can't believe he had the nerve to call his son and asked him to change the date of the wedding, even though he's not spening a dime on it!!! wtf! Of course FI said no, and he says that if they chose to go that party instead of being with us that day, than they dont even deserve for us to care... but i know he does...:(

April 2012 October siggy challenge Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: And the drama begins... (vent)

• Options
    Ok, I didn't read through everything (it was a lot), but somebody is already planning a birthday party for next year?!?  I'm pretty sure that wedding trumps birthday party!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

hahaha sorry, i will edit so it can be shorter, good you didnt read it all because i didnt realize i had lots of mispelled words... i was very very very mad lol
    Feel a little better after letting it all out though,

• Options
    hahaha still long.... sorry
    well at least i feel better, and didnt yell at FI... and wedding plans still on!
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    Quinceanera, the 15th birthday party,  is a big deal in Hispanic culture.  It  wouldn't necessarily trump a wedding for a lot of people... think more important than a sweet 16 and on par with a bat mitzvah.

That said, it's really crappy they couldn't pick another date given that your wedding was already planned.  I'd be really upset too.  I would try to calmly explain that this is planned and payments have been made, you can't change the date, and you would hate for them to miss it but it's their choice.  That's all you can do, unfortunately.  Sorry you are dealing with this!
  • Options
    @mdphd
    Yeah quinceaneras are a big deal, that being said, i would understand if fbil and wife rather go the that party instead of our wedding, I mean is her little niece but I the girl is not blood related to my FI parents, how can they even ask us to move our wedding date because of her... (a complete stranger to me).
    It will break my heart if they do not come to our wedding, mainly because of my FI, I mean I dont know my dad, and it hurts, I imagine it will hurt more growing up with one and know he rather goes to some girl's quinceanera than his own son's wedding! But changing the date is not an option, my FI is as mad and upset as I am... sucks!
  • Options
    That is horrible.  I can't believe they would ask you to change your date so many times.  I hope that your FI is able to talk to them and reiterate that this is a very important day for the two of you.  You have already changed around so many things for them and it was planned before this girls birthday party.  I would be extremely surprised that your FBIL wouldn't come to the wedding.  Him and his wife don't have to do everything together. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards