Pennsylvania-Central

Wedding Barns in or around Lancaster County...??

I want my reception to take place in a wedding barn but am having no luck finding something that suites my vision.

I have found places that look like barns on the outside, however, the inside just looks like a normal ballroom reception area.

If you have any idea or tips or any information on where I can look or someone I can talk to. It would be greatly appreciated!

Smile

Re: Wedding Barns in or around Lancaster County...??

• edited December 2011
    Did you try the country barn on Donerville Road?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try Landis Valley Musuem? I believe their barn is called the yellow barn. My FI and I were there visiting last year when they had the barn decorated for a wedding reception and it was absolutely beautiful. I don't believe it's very big though, not sure how big of a reception you are having but you should check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    Landis Valley Musesum's Yellow barn is great. It's a nice location and it can fit up to 225 people. The only reason we didn't go with them is they only do weddings/events after 5pm and ours is a morning wedding. Also, the Barn at Overlook Community center, off of Fruitville pike is nice. It's not very barn-like though but the inside is beautiful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree with the barn at Landis Valley!!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Duke Farm south of York and the Stone Mill Inn in Hellam maybe?
  • edited December 2011
    Also loved Landis Valley.  However, with an August wedding we wanted A/C!  We went to Pheasant Run which is a rennovated barn, but still has exposed stone and wood.  Beautiful!  Also, check out Rockford Plantation. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Landis Valley....the Yellow Barn is awesome!
  • purple38purple38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got married at the Country Barn in Lancaster it was wonderful.  The guests kept saying how nice it was and the food was awesome!!!  I Loved it there!!!!  you should seriously check it out. they have a downstairs and an upstairs.

nothing but good things to say about country barn farm market.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards