Pennsylvania-Central

Brazilian Wax?

Hey Ladies,

I've been married for almost a year, but I was looking to get a bikini wax done and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/experience?  Thanks in advance!!

Re: Brazilian Wax?

• edited December 2011
    Take some tylenol and drink a beer or two about a half hour before you go. =)  Oh, and trim first - but not too short, as the wax has to be able to attach to the hair!
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone recommend a salon?
  • edited December 2011
    I prefer getting them with the wax that hardens itself and is pulled off - not the wax used wtih the paper strips.  Just my personal opinion, but I think it works better and doesn't hurt as bad.
  • edited December 2011
    I am in Williamsport so my recommendation probably won't help you, but I see Carrie at Merle Norman and she's great.
  • Kaboyer917Kaboyer917 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have never gotten waxed before, dont do a brazillian....go for just a bikini and work your way up to a brazillian....It will put you in a lot of pain and its not worth it in the end. I recommend Salon MJM and Odyssey Salon and Spa...http://odysseysaloninc.com/waxing/
  • edited December 2011
    Changes Salon and Day Spa in Mechanicsburg! I go to Alix usually have also had Tammy and like her too.  Its the least expensive in the area that I've found and a very good value (very clean, upscale, spa atmosphere) for the price! Can't say enough about it. I agree with a couple asprin and an alcoholic beverage beforehand. I usually have a glass of wine while I'm there!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't do it...at least not right of way...the Elan Center for Rejuvenation is good though.  Also, definitely do it a week or so before your wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    Buy an epilator.  I've been using one for 10 years and it has changed my life.  It's actually not that bad pain wise.  You can determine how far you want to go with it (completely bare or just the bikini line). The first time you do it is pretty awful if you shave normally (because the hair is very thick).  After the first time, the hair grows back thinner (not visibly noticeable).  You only have to do it once every 2 weeks AND when it grows in, it isn't itchy like when it comes back after you shave.  Don't buy a cheap epilator either.  Get an Emoji.  Read reviews.  You won't be disappointed if you give it an honest shot.  After I bought mine I tried it on my legs and hated the thing.  I took it out a couple years later just to do the bikini area and was amazed that it hurt a lot less than on my legs and from there I got more creative.  Happy hair removal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards