Illinois
Options

Officiant in Rockton, IL

I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for an officiant in or around the Rockton, IL area.  I have a friend/previous boss that is now a judge, but in Wisconsin.  We also have a friend that is an attorney in IL, but it is my understanding that attorneys can't legally marry a couple in IL.  I belong to a catholic church, but we don't want a "church wedding" and we really don't want to go through all the classes, especially my fiance, since he isn't catholic.

I have checked into the justice of the peace, but that is so impersonal and you are kind of going in blindly.  How do you choose someone?

In case you hadn't noticed, I am really in a crunch here.  Only 88 days til our wedding.  We had a slight change in plans because of the oil spill.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Re: Officiant in Rockton, IL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for an officiant in or around the Rockton, IL area.  I have a friend/previous boss that is now a judge, but in Wisconsin.  We also have a friend that is an attorney in IL, but it is my understanding that attorneys can't legally marry a couple in IL.  I belong to a catholic church, but we don't want a "church wedding" and we really don't want to go through all the classes, especially my fiance, since he isn't catholic.

I have checked into the justice of the peace, but that is so impersonal and you are kind of going in blindly.  How do you choose someone?

In case you hadn't noticed, I am really in a crunch here.  Only 88 days til our wedding.  We had a slight change in plans because of the oil spill.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on a local area board.  This board is international, so we can't help with specific questions like this.  I'm in NJ and don't know anything about your area.

Look to your left:  find the drop down for local area boards.  Good luck.

Having said that:  contact your reception venue.  Very often they have suggestions for wedding vendors, including officiants.  Call the clerk's office in the town in which you're getting married to find out the requirements for officiants.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for moving the post!  I have contacted the Chamber of Commerce several times, but they either don't answer the phone or don't respond to the emails.  I get the automated email that they rec'd my request and someone will get back to me shortly, but nothing after that!  I am just getting frustrated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards