Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Peter Allen House

Does anyone have opinions or experiences with the Peter Allen House in Dauphin? I'm living out of the area and I don't know when I'll be able to get there and check it out. Thanks for any help!

Re: Peter Allen House

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  We had checked it out when we were getting married.  It's a nice location, the people are great but we wanted something a little more secluded since the location is right along 225.  I think you should definitely check it out though.  Lots of photo op's and a great back drop if you choose to get married on the yard that faces the mountain.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I attended a wedding there last July. It was beautiful! And, I actually think it felt very secluded and the views were wonderful (plush greens and mountain backdrops). Not really anywhere to dance aside from the porch and it's made of stones and I think you have to rent everything. We went to a picnic wedding there and only th bride/groom and some grandparents had chairs and tables. Everyone else sat on little picnic blankets. They didn't have any tents set up either, so it was really hot.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_peter-allen-house-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:63e0f06b-ed37-46af-96cd-f4151ea428dbPost:3ca8ddb2-f8b3-40e8-999e-75206b7986ae">Re: Peter Allen House</a>:
    [QUOTE]I attended a wedding there last July. It was beautiful! And, I actually think it felt very secluded and the views were wonderful (plush greens and mountain backdrops). Not really anywhere to dance aside from the porch and it's made of stones and I think you have to rent everything. We went to a picnic wedding there and only th bride/groom and some grandparents had chairs and tables. Everyone else sat on little picnic blankets. They didn't have any tents set up either, so it was really hot.
    Posted by K-hart[/QUOTE]

Hi there!  Just wanted to let you know that I just PM'd you! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there a few years ago. It is a B-E-A-utiful location. I agree with K-hart and thought it seemed secluded. I don't remember hearing any traffic at all and couldn't see the road. For the reception, the couple had a tent set up along the porch (it was L shaped). It happened to be rainy and cold that day so they moved the ceremony under the tent as well and guests had to sit at their tables for the ceremony because it wasn't a huge space. The house itself is gorgeous! Much prettier than other estates that hold weddings. FI and I really wanted to have our wedding there but it was his brother who got married there first and we didn't want to copy. Especially since they are now divorced.

I highly recommend checking it out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married there last August and I have nothing but positive things to say about the venue and the Pintos.  We rented a tent for the tennis-courts since we had about 170 people.  We felt totally secluded and didnt have any noise from the road. Feel free to email me at rachel ann hines at gmail :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have done a wedding there, and it is VERY beautiful.  Even though it is along the road, it is well secluded, and the landscaping buffers most of the traffic noise.  I would definately check it out.   If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This past June(2010) I attended my best friend's daughter's wedding at the Peter Allen House, during the ceremony I had to return to the house to retrieve a blank disc for the video camera I was using and was verbally attacked by the owner for the state of the bridal party rooms.  I didn't enjoy the event, the owner was rude, and unprofessional.  Their web site claims 'gracious hospitality', but don't be fooled.  The grounds and the house were very beautiful, but the beauty did not outshine the ugly way in which I was treated.  If i am ever invited to an event at the Peter Allen House again I will decline.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards