Pennsylvania-Central

DJs Recommendations.. I'm freaking out!

I am in a full on panic right now trying to find a DJ for our July wedding.  Does anyone have any suggestions on DJs or bands in the Harrisburg / Carlisle area?

Bob foltz is booked :( and I tried Mixed Up Productions and all their DJs are booked as well..ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mixed up prod. was nice enough to give me a list of DJs that they suggested I try and contact but feel really weird trying to contact them if I've never heard of them... Any one been to weddings or parties where these djs have been?

DJ Freez:  
DJ Klock: 
Ryan Miller:  
Mr. B:
Juke Box Hits:

Re: DJs Recommendations.. I'm freaking out!

• edited December 2011

I have heard of DJ Freez and heard that he is good!  Good luck! Sorry MUP was booked! We used them and they were great! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.burningspearentertainment.com/

This is who we are using. and I have been thrilled so far!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Adam McCallister of Birdsnest Productions... he's FANTASTIC!!!  See if he's available!!
  • MelJoe0909MelJoe0909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Adam McAllister and also check out DJ Klock. Both have been great at some friend's weddings of mine.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd definitely recommend DJ Freez and DJ Klock!  They're both great!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you book DJ Klock and don't actually get Klock, you might get one of the doofuses that work for him. I've seen them at bridal shows and think a couple of them are just really lame.
    Mr. B is really unique. You have to appreciate his personality and style to like him. I don't. Many people do though. He's like a game show host, kinda cheesy, over the top. He has an "applause" sign.
    I've seen and enjoyed DJs Tim Delp and Bill Dietz. They work together and I think they can be booked through BRP Entertainment.
  • ambercurtambercurt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are thinking about a live band, I'd recommend:  http://www.funkyfontana.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Katiek8eKatiek8e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the help.  McAllister is also booked :(
    We are meeting w DJ Klock tomorrow and I'll check about who will actually be Djing the wedding.  

What are some important questions I should be asking?

also, has anyone been to a wedding or event done by DJ Eric Brumbaugh?  
  • edited December 2011
    I heard Miller at a wedding and was not too pleased with it...
  • MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Complete music and video of lancaster
  • juice1982juice1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try either Strouse Entertainment, top hat dj, or rockin out dj.
  • edited December 2011
    Goodluck! We met with Klock, but went with Mixed Up b/c our personalities just jived better with Mike (at Mixed Up Productions). But Jason Klock was extremely nice & very professional. You just have to like his style of DJing. Wasn't for us.
  • edited December 2011
    We also considered Klock, but Klock himself wasn't available and the DJ we actually met with had less than a year of experience. Can't remember his name but he was pretty fresh out of college. Nice guy, but his lack of experience worried me, and I didn't think we should have to pay their full $900 price for someone so new.

We ended up going with Top Hat DJ and they have a lot of good reviews online, so fingers are crossed! ($50 coupon on FB)
  • hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Matt Haines of Mixed Impressions DJs. I loved his personality, price, and expertise. He has over 20 years of experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • khulsey13khulsey13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Newman from bob 94.9.  We're not doing a "country" wedding. He plays everything and anything you want. He was recommended to me by a co-worker that has been to several events he's done and had nothing but good things to say about him. Plus the fact that he's a radio dj is a good sign I think! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We are using DJ Klock, but Jason Klock, the owner, was not available on our date. We are using Joe. Jason has 3 other guys that work for him. They also get together every Wednesday at a local country club and practice. I was worried at first, b/c they will get out in the crowd and help "teach" dances, etc, but we said right away we didn't want any of the cheesey dance, like the chicken dance, electric slide, etc, and he was fine with that. We liked that they are young, like us, and we just really got along with them.
  • EmmaT683EmmaT683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using DJ Klock as well. We just met with him last night and for as lost as we are he was very helpful! I had a friend use him for her wedding in January and she didn't have enough good things to say about him! I've also heard great things about DJ Freez. 

Goodluck!  
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Freez is AWFUL--we attended a wedding that was DJ'ed by him and it was awful, he was all about himself and not the bride and groom. Would never recommend him, to anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards