Pennsylvania-Central

Photographer Recommendations!

Hi Ladies,
    I am starting to research photographers and wanted to know who you are using/have used for your weddings!  We're getting married in York, so I'd like to keep the photographer local to the York or Lancaster areas. If you could give me names and their price ranges (if you have them), that would really help me out!  Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer Recommendations!

• amatadeiamatadei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda Kraft is an amazing photographer! Her simple package, which includes 8 hours of photography with two photographers and a high-res DVD of all photos, is $3500. She did my cousin's wedding and, because of the beautiful product, we have hired her for our own wedding. Her photo albums are a bit pricey, but she is also willing to negotiate. She has a great eye! But what really made me want to hire her was her demeanor the day-of my cousin's wedding. She was helpful, unassuming, and organized!
  • edited December 2011
    i used captured by kate photography. for an engagement session or rehearsal dinner, unlimited day of, and all photos from both sessions on cd/thumb drive with the rights to print and no obligation to purchase prints from her- i believe its $1000 now. (my price was different but that was last year).

she is awesome to work with, has a great personality, takes great photos, and really loves what she does! her website is www.capturedbykatephoto.net and if you would like to have access to any of my albums (engagement, wedding, and rock the dress) PM me and i'll send you the info!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • celmo76celmo76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Jessica Miller with Everafter Designs. She is doing my bridal sitting next month and our wedding day. Her pictures are gorgeous.
  • tresslertressler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Captured by Kate she is doing the photos for our wedding July 31st She has been awesome to work with and answered all questions and request!

• edited December 2011
    Krisha Martzall is amazing shes located in Lancaster.
  • edited December 2011
    A third recommendation for Captured by Kate. Our engagement photos were the first shoot she did under her own company and our wedding was last month. The photo of us on the boat in my siggy is one of hers.

She does great work, has awesome turn around time (got married 6.5.10 and had my photos last week), and is wonderful to work with.

ETA: I just saw that your wedding is next summer - Kate is actually moving to FL in October, but had some great recommendations for my sister who is getting married in Oct. I'll see if I can find that list from her.
  • edited December 2011
    I highly, highly recommend Solas Photography.  We are getting married in York too, and they are more than willing to travel.  Once you look into them, you will stop looking.  Their packages are INCREDIBLE!  For the biggest package, with two photographers, and all the rights to the pictures, it's only $899 and that includes an engagement session!  Check out their website... www.solasphotography.com
  • writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs ladies!

MB- Does Solas give you all the rights to your pictures? I wasn't sure from what it said on their website. If you don't know, no big deal, I'm going to call them anyways!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Writergirl-- Yes they do :-) They're fantastic!
  • edited December 2011
    Tell Heidi and Sean (the couple who does Solas) that Malerie (me) referred you, and they may work with you on prices.  They're very thankful for referrals!
  • MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Radiant Images! 
  • writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MB-Thanks! I'll definitely mention your name when I call them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stellawowstellawow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i hate doing this to promote myself and my fiance, but we do wedding photography.    check out our website, lerewphotography.com.  we travel, have reasonable prices and we  give you the rights to your photos.  we're getting married on september 4th, so i honestly know how stressful it is to look for a photographer.  our wedding is being photographed by our friends, melissamcclainphotography.com.  check them out, too! as photographers, we were VERY selective on who we hired!
  • justinebrightjustinebright member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Nicola Herring Photography!
    Not only is she very talented...
    She is fun and easy to work with! She is professional but fun and makes it easy to be relaxed for pictures!
    She also designed my invites and programs for our wedding!
    She is awesome!
    Check out her website-
    www.nicolaherring.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards