Pennsylvania-Central

can't decide between two ceremony styles... help!

So, after putting our wedding off twice for various reasons, FI and I are FINALLY ready to set a date.  But he just totally threw me off guard!  Our original plan was to be married outdoors in the peak of fall.  We both loved the idea.  Then today, he brought up the idea of getting married outdoors in the dark and having the aisle and area lit by candlelight and lanterns.  Obviously this would require a different time frame because I think it would be too chilly to do it in October like we'd originally planned.  I'm thinking it could also be difficult to find a place that will allow open flames outside.  But, I do love the idea of the romance of it (and if you knew FI, you'd be shocked by this... he is NOT romantic!).

So, which idea would you like better?  Would you come to an outdoor night wedding?  Do you think your families would come?  We would do it as soon as it was dark (hopefully 7:30 or 8 o'clock) with the reception immediately after.  FI also brought up the idea of having a brunch reception the next day, but I'm not sure what I think of this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Bioliciousness

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above. ~ gia maria carangi

Re: can't decide between two ceremony styles... help!

• edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a candlelight ceremony. Keep in mind though, if your date is during a warmer season mosquitoes are most active once the sun goes down and can turn any outdoor event into a nightmare! Also, check to see what time the sun goes down during different times of the year. It can be a difference of a few hours.

An indoor candlelight ceremony could be beautiful too! It would give you security against the elements while providing a similar ambiance.

Oh, and I think as long as the flame is contained in a glass hurricane or lantern, most venues are okay with using candles. Just check with them before booking!

HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I dont see why you cant have both! have a fall evening ceremony, at say, 5:00, then candlelight your reception :) But then. Im biased, because thats what we're doing.
  • edited December 2011
    I like both of your ideas, but I think I would do the day-time one.

1. I think a lot of older guests or perhaps guests with small children or OOT will appreciate it more. You may not know this but a lot of people in that category seem to leave right after the dinner. This has been the trend in the past 6 weddings that I've bene to.

2. I think I would like the pictures with the beautiful changing leaves. However, A girl on here , yellowgrace, did a 4:00 ceremony in the winter and by the time she was ready for pictures it was dark outside. She has some beautiful, unique pictures and had her guests played with sparklers at the end of the reception. it was very cool!

Let us know what you decide!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input girls!  Do you know how I could find yellowgrace's profile to see some pics?  I'm so aggravated because I thought I knew exactly what I wanted, and now I'm loving the idea of candlelight!
    Bioliciousness

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above. ~ gia maria carangi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards