Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Invitations

Where has everyone purchased their wedding invititaions? Any good local places or did you do them online?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought the kits from Michaels and I love them.  Super easy to put together and they looked perfect. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll haven't purchased mine yet but I will be getting mine from Michael's as well. They are very reasonably priced, cute, and you can get coupons online or in the newspaper every week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the printing through Wolf Printing, but bought all the supplies from Cards & Pockets
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are considering Love, Jessica (http://www.lovejessica.com/) for our invitations.  She is located right outside of York, PA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SHALYNNMARIESHALYNNMARIE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are going to try to make our own seeded paper- then design and make our own. We both love to garden and hes a chef- so we want to give our family & friends something to have at the start of our celebration-we are also going to try and make ALL the paper products in our wedding seeded, in order to also make the enviroment a better place ( figure invite, program, menu x200....thats a lot of paper being thrown away!)

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went through Invitations by Chrissy in Mount Joy. She was fantastic.
    Her website:
    http://www.invitationsbychrissy.com/

She custom designed a great invitation for me. (I can send you the PDF to view! PM me) She came up with a few ideas and we narrowed it down together. She e-mailed me her designs back and forth and let me tweak certain things.
    She runs her business from her home and it's not cheap (mine were up to $9-10 a piece but she can lower that with paper type, inserts, and the invite size.)

I'm a graphic designer (with no time to design my own) so I was really picky and she was such a great help/did a great professional job!

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I got my STDS from www.magnetstreet.com. They were really good!! The quality for the price was great. I think they have better quality than www.vistaprint.com. Don't let the name fool you, they also have invites and not just magnets.
    One last thought, my co-worker used someone from Etsy.com to do her invites too. They turned out great too! Just make sure you get a sample before you order.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Jessimb0587Jessimb0587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Love, Jessica for our invitations
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Wedding Paper Divas online.  They have some beautiful designs.
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    E & K Printing in Lancaster did DD#1's invitations.  Met her originally at a bridal show- she had unique invites at good prices. Will most likely go there for DD#2 as well.
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter used Tipperary Square in Campbelltown. It was too hard to look online. We wanted to see the invitations, compare them side by side and have someone to talk to about our choices. Making our own seemed way too much trouble. We had a great experience at Tipperary Square. Harriet is so sweet and patient. She never complained when we sent the proofs back numerous times for revisions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm making my own using Mountain Cow softare with cardstock purchased from Cards and Pockets.  I didn't think I'd be into the paper products but it has been so cool to make my very own, unique invitations.  Plus, since I'm doing the pocketfold style I'm saving myself tons of money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from Zazzle.com. I found a design I loved and worked with the woman who originally made the design and she helped me with the fonts and even helped create a Mad-Libs style RSVP card...the quality was nice and I even got custom stamps to match!

Invite

RSVP Card

It's been fun getting the response cards back!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards