Pennsylvania-Central
Options

DJs and Florists Oh My...

So I think that I am on a decent pace for my 10/8/11wedding, but I still need to hammer out 2 more big things... the DJ and the Flowers! We are getting married at the Stone Mill Inn in York, PA.  If anyone has any suggestions your help would be greatly appreciated!!!Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJs and Florists Oh My...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Mixed Up Productions.  Mike Miller was awesome!  He did such a fantastic job!  Your guests will definitely enjoy their time at your wedding if he's your DJ!

We used Floral Designs of Mount Joy for our florist.  I am sure she would go to your venue since it isn't too far into York County.  You will LOVE her (Jill the owner).  She is so creative and very flexible!  Her prices were not bad, especially considering all the stuff we got!  :)  Here's a pic of my bouqet! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using DJ Freeze (Pat Frye). He seems very professional and his prices are reasonable as well. We're paying $785 for our ceremony and 5 hour reception. If you want to check him out, http://allstar-dj.org/ . Tell him Amber from the knot referred you, he loves referrals and he can't believe he's even mentioned on the knot!

I'm still working on the florist issue myself, but I plan on checking out Karen's On Country Road as recommended by MB, Fosters Flowers, and Flowers by Paulette (I think that's the name of the last place-I don't have my info with me today). HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at the SMI and it was wonderful! We used Bobby D as our DJ and Backwoods Florist did our flowers. We loved both of them, let me know if you more info (or check my bio). GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't say enough about both my DJ and my Florist

My DJ is Adam McCallister from Birdsnest Productions.  He is EXTREMELY afforable, and he is very nice.  His e-mail is radioadam@live.com

My florist is incredible talented and the sweetest woman ever.  Her name is Karen Grove and her business is called Karen's on Country Road.  Her e-mail is Kgrove1768@comcast.net

If you'd like anymore info on either of them, let me know!!
  • Options
    jallen8jallen8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For flowers, consider Floral Designs by Heather Ann - she has very reasonable prices (she works out of her home). I just booked her for my October wedding.
  • Options
    MommaDee1104MommaDee1104 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used A'lain "DJ AQ"

Here is his website

http://djdemand22.tripod.com/id3.html

his phone # is 610-570-0368 he is great and was cheaper then a lot of other compaines that i called.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards