Pennsylvania-Central

Venues in York

Hello!!

I am wondering has anyone ever heard anything about Wisehaven in York or Chestnut Ridge Farm in York? We have appoinments at both of these places for our reception and just wanted to see if anyone had any info about them! thanks!

Re: Venues in York

• Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't heard of them, sorry. I got married close to there (Hallam) and so researched a lot of places in the area, so honestly I'm surprised I haven't! Where are they exactly?
  • edited December 2011
    We toured Wisehaven, and it's kinda hit or miss, depending on what you're looking for.  I just had homecomings and proms there, so it's not as special to me.  As far as price goes, the lady will negotiate about anything pretty much, and the size is great.  The actual inside is a little outdated though.  I'm sure you will be able to judge it as soon as you walk in, just go with your gut!  Good luck :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Also... there are a TON of places that we looked in York, so I can recommend some more to you, if you can tell me your approximate budget and how many people that you are looking to have!
  • cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaytee,
    They are actually both really close to eachother! They are both on E. Prospect Road. We just toured Chestnut Ridge this evening. It is a nice space and has that "rustic" kind of feel to it if that is what your going for for a wedding. We like the more modern feel, so we don't think it is for us. But the price was decent for the space.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MB2712,
    I would love some more recommendations, thank you so much! We are trying to keep the budget low as we are both coming out of college and have student loans to pay for and all of that "fun" stuff. Our guestlist is around 130 as of now. It may get a little bigger, but not too much. Again thank you for your recommendations, we can use them! We are the first of our friends to get married, and the first in our family in a long time so no one has much experience with all of this planning stuff!
  • edited December 2011
    I was at weddings at both places in the past 6 months and had pro's and con's of both.  They both have a completely different feel, so you will have to decide which feel your going with.

Wisehaven is a little out dated but the food was really good,  The room is HUGE so your guest may get "lost" in there and you might not get the close and intamate feel.

I love the actual reception area for Chestnut Ridge, It had a great, intimate feel to it and would be perfect for your guest list size.  I also loved how guests/kids could be out on the patio relaxing.  The one thing I did not like was the staff.  They were not friendly at all and VERY strict on time. (The receptiion lasted 30 mins shorter than the bride expected, so they knocked 30 mins of reception time).  At the end they packed everything up and almost threw us out the door.  I was not very impressed by that.

Good luck on your decision, hope that was a littel helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nhinze01,
    Thank you for your information it was very helpful!

We looked at Chestnut Ridge this past week and I agree with you it did have a great intimate feel that was really nice. We are planning a Winter Wedding so we decided not to go with Chestnut Ridge as it has more of a "rustic" kind of feel that we thought might be for more of a fall wedding. It was very nice though! I can see what you mean though about the staff, they did seem to run a very strict timeline!

We are going to check out Wisehaven this weekend, I have heard that it is a little outdated so we will be considering that.

Are there any other recommendations for venues that you have for the York/Lancaster areas? We want to keep our budget low, and our guestlist is currently around 130.

Thanks a bunch!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards