Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Just for fun...

I was reading through the July 2011 board and they were talking about inviting celebrities to see if you would get a congratulations card back, just for fun and as a different keepsake.  Apparently Joe Biden and Obamas send cards, and if you invite Cinderella and Prince Charmng you get a certificate, etc etc. 

One of the posters wrote about inviting the New England Patriots because when her friend did, they got a team card. Does anyone know/think the Phillies would do the same? FI LOOOOOVES the Phillies, he would melt into the floor with joy if they sent us something... but I don't want to look silly mailing the team an invite to a wedding.  Thoughts?

Re: Just for fun...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wrote a post about this on the chit chat board a while back. I think getting a card back would be so awesome to put into a scrapbook. I also heard you can send Micky Mouse and Minny MOuse a invite, and they send a cute picture back.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I will be inviting the Philadelphia Eagles to ours!! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    awit77awit77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i never knew people did stuff like that. FI LOVES the patriots since he is from massachussetts and i'd love to send them an invite for him. where in the world would you find cinderella and prince charming's address??
    revised
    bio! (updated 08.18.10)
  • Options
    JoLynn222JoLynn222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard about this before, but I will be sending the Chicago Bears an invite. FI would just die if they sent us something. How cool would that be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI loves the Phillies and Eagles too.  I never thought of doing anything like this, but after reading some posts, who knows... maybe I will!  He'd LOVE if we got something back!  I'm just not sure really where to send it.  I'll have to look into it.
  • Options
    awit77awit77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i mentioned doing this to my FI today and he looked at me like i was an idiot. i dont think he really understood the purpose of it because he keeps telling me no one famous will come to our wedding. men...
    revised
    bio! (updated 08.18.10)
  • Options
    her982her982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awit, he says that, but deep down inside there is a little part of him that wishes they really would come.

In the beginning of June I sent invites to Disney and the president as a surprise for FI (his family used to go to Disney every year on vaca and he loves it, and he is really into politics). The White House sent us back a little card saying blessings and congratulations, with a stamp of Barack and Michelle's signatures at the bottom. Obviously a staffer sends them out, but it was cool to get mail from the White House with our names hand written on it; I saved the envelope, too. I haven't gotten anything back from Disney yet. Our wedding is in 2 weeks so I hope it gets here before then.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse

The Magic Kingdom

1675 N. Buena Vista Drive

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

President Barack and Michelle, Malia and Sasha Obama

The White House

Greetings Room 39

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington D.C. 20600

• Options
    awit77awit77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the address for disney! i know he'd love it. hes just trying to cover it up.
    revised
    bio! (updated 08.18.10)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards