Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Carlisle-area Caterers

Can anyone recommend a caterer in the Carlisle/Mechanicsburg/Newville area? I plan to get a quote from JDK but heard they can be expensive. I'd like to get prices from several other places, too. It's for a small reception, hopefully 48 people, at Kings Gap State Park, and I'm hoping the caterer can provide or coordinate all dinnerware, linens, etc. I'm much more concerned about the food being "tasty" than I am about it being "fancy".

Thanks!

Re: Carlisle-area Caterers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are venue twins, and I am thinking about going with Premier Catering.  They are located in Camp Hill, but have catered Kings Gap before.  I haven't met with them yet, but they came highly recommended by a close friend of my mom and are really nice on the phone.  I have gotten an official price quote though.

They can do white or cream linens, all your plates and glasses, flatware etc.  I am having a plated meal for about 40 dollars a person (includng service fees and gratuity!)  They can also set you up with a bartender if you need one (although you pay them separately.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will definitely check with Premier. It's nice to have someone who already knows the venue and what they'll be working with when they get there.

I appreciate the tip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Skip JDK!  Been to too many weddings that have had JDK and the food was so rich/oily.  I personally love The Uncommon Caterer!  She does events of any size and only uses fresh ingredients.  Nothing is ever frozen with her and the taste is AMAZING!  Plus she's totally reasonable.  Linda Smeltz is the contact there.. if you do contact her tell her I sent you:)  (Melissa McClain)  Good Luck!
  • Options
    bbartholomausbbartholomaus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at King's Gap in September, and C and J catering has been a dream to work with.  They have done weddings there before and are able to coordinate rentals and flowers in addition to the food and drink.  I haven't met a person there that wasn't pleasant and helpful, in spite of the fact that I am planning everything only four months in advance.  Good Luck. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input! I am just getting back to wedding planning after a few months of crazy work and family schedules, and am going to contact all of these suggested places this week. I just wish a fairy godmother would land on my shoulder and do it all for me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards