Pennsylvania-Central

Reception Venu - HELP!!

Hi ladies,

I am new here and I need help finding a venue in the Central PA area - anywhere!  HBG, Lancaster, West Shore, Hershey - someplace that holds at least 300 and that I can bring my own caterer (my family will be cooking) and no tent.

Please list some suggestions!  I am not originally from here so I have limited resources.

Thank you!!

Re: Reception Venu - HELP!!

• queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Moon Dancer Winery in Wrightsville. I don't know what their policies or capacity is, but a coworker got married there last summer and brought his own caterer and didn't use a tent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be very careful with moondancers. I had dreamed of getting married there, but it took 3 weeks for the wedding planner to call me back, and i hear that they are having financial issues, again. Plus, i feel their prices are outrageous for what you get.

Give Lauxmont Farms in Wrightsville a try as well, they have numerous locations on the premises to have the ceremony and reception depending on guest size. Not to to mention the view is amazing. We had a huge problem finding a place that allowed an outside caterer as well, ending up just giving in and taking what we could find.

Good luck!

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• edited December 2011
    Hello, 
    Congrats!! On your new journey to planning your wedding. I planned my wedding on a budget so I checked out prices, places found some great deals.
    I have toured 25 different places as of last year. I was just married on Feb 19 ,2011
    My wedding reception was held at the "Fireside Tavern Ballroom", in 
    Strasburg, PA (located in Lancaster area). The place is so beautiful, reasonable prices, the food is excellent. 
    Are you planning a outdoor wedding or indoor? Here are some places you may want to check out that were my favorite. 
    1.)The Inn at Leola Village, Leola, PA, PH#717-656-7002  
    2.)Fireside Tavern Ballroom, Strasburg, PA 
    3.) Lauxmont Farms, Wrightsville, PA PH#(717)-252-0829
    4.) Riverdale Manor, Lancaster, PA (717)-394-5554
    5.) The Eden Resort ,Lancaster, PA (717)-560-8428
    6.)Cameron Estates, Mount Joy, PA (717)-492-0111
    7.) Lime Spring Farm, Lancaster, PA  (717)-291-1400
    8.) Revere Tavern, Paradise, (Lancaster area)(717)-687-8601, The cake and flowers are included with the whole package. 
    DJ,  I had Chris Poje, He"s from NY but moved here. Amazing!! He also sings and kept the whole wedding dancing till the end. Ph#(717)-917-1596
    Wedding cake "Rosie's Creative Cakes", Manheim, PA (717)-898-9156
    The best cake ever, I sampled 3 different places but she topped them all all fresh
    ingredients, professional talented lady. 
    If you or any other bride needs help email me I'm willing to share my ideas and
    information. Thanks and best of luck to all the brides. 

• slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My co-worker is getting married at the new part of  Millersville University (use to be the Acadamy of Music) on Prince Street in downtown Lancaster.

It has a really nice atrium and large circular room with big windows.
    http://blogs.millersville.edu/exchange/2010/08/04/reservations-at-42-n-prince-street/
    They are new to doing event rental there so they are pretty easy going.
    You bring in your own caterer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards