Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Country Barn in Lancaster

I haven't been on theknot in a long time since I got married in 2006 but I am helping my little sister plan her wedding. She just booked the country barn in lancaster. The knot was so helpful to me so I was wondeirng if anyone has been to a wedding or is having their wedding there.

We are just looking for suggestions or any reviews you have from working with them. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Country Barn in Lancaster

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There have been a few posts about the Country Barn, but no one really ever answers them.  I looked into them, but they were not very good with responding, so I lost interest.  Other than that, that's all I know.  Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally was turned off by them on a site visit.  The main guy was 45 min-1 hour late so his parents took us around.  The parents gave us different information than the guy gave later.  I was also outraged by the expense of adding a ceremony - $2500!  That's 1000 more than I am paying Pheasant Run for ceremony AND reception.  The reception prices seemed fine.  Just did not feel like it was very professional, but it is gorgeous.  Haven't heard anything specific though-just my impressions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I went for a tour of the Country Barn. We loved it, but it was kind of out of our price range. I agree with the above post about the cost of the ceremony being pricey. They have beautiful locations and even an upstairs of the barn for the ceremony incase of rain, but you need to provide your own chairs. As far as the reception, he gives you one set price for everything. To have 80 people it would cost around $4,000 which includes the use of the barn for the reception, food, linens, silverware, and DJ(I may be missing a few). If you wanted a bar you would need to pay extra, get insurance, and provide your own alcohol. I never had any problems contacting the barn, they always answered and got back to me within the day. And I thought Jim(the owner) was awesome. He was so down to earth, and was willing to work with whatever we wanted to have.

We just decided to cut our wedding budget down a little bit, and be able to go on a very nice honeymoon, and add alot of extra ideas to our ceremony and reception.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    purple38purple38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married & having reception there too on 10-10-10.  Jim was great with us, no problems with communication. I'm so excited to be getting married there and having our reception there too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had out wedding at Country Barn on 8-31-08 and had a wonderful experience with Jim, the owner, and his wife.  I wouldn't change a thing if I had to do it all over again.  The food was really yummy, and if you are into sustainability or trying to be "green", all of the food that will be served is grown/raised at Jim's or one of the neighboring farms.  I would highly recommend Country Barn.

For some photos of our wedding at Country Barn, please see the Wiebners website at http://www.thewiebners.com/blog.cfm?m=9&y=2008&StartRow=6.  The photos will give you some idea of the food, the venue and the great time we had at Country Barn.  
    Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
  • Options
    NtsrkdwNtsrkdw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiancé and I booked The Country Barn. Jim forgot about the appointment for the tour of the barn but he is throwing in free Hors d' oeuvres for forgetting about us and making us wait 45 minutes to an hour. We will not be having our ceremony held there because of the extra $2500 price tag. We booked the upstairs which I felt was much nicer than the lower level. I was overall impressed with the reception location and prices. The prices for the reception is very reasonable. We are going to be getting married at The Country Barn 6-11-11!
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards