Pennsylvania-Central

Harrisburg Venue - reception only -- outdoors preferred

I'm helping to plan my sister's at home reception following a destination wedding, and we're having some trouble finding the right venue.

We're looking for an outdoor venue that allows you to bring in your own catering (they want to do MoMo's BBQ).  This probably narrows down venues to parks and DIY type spaces. I've advised them none of the parks will allow alcohol, so I think they're okay with having a dry reception.  They're not looking for American Legion type halls, fire halls, etc. I know all about the traditional Harrisburg wedding venues, but with their needs, we're looking for untraditional.

Does anyone have experience with hosting parties in any of the parks/recretation areas near/around Harrisburg?  We're looking for a venue that would offer cover in case of rain. And we need electric as we're planning to have a running video of their wedding ceremony for guests and speakers for light music

Or maybe there is a space out there that allows your own catering and can accomodate alcohol that isn't a rental hall type space??

So far we've only looked at Fort Hunter and my sister and her fiance weren't impressed. (they are hard to please so any help is appreciated!)

Thanks for your help!
photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg

Re: Harrisburg Venue - reception only -- outdoors preferred

• <div>The upper Allen park does weddings and they have a barn with a large outdoor patio area. They allow you to use your own vendors and I think are low price. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_harrisburg-venue-reception-only-outdoors-preferred?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:9fbf611d-cd48-40dc-ac21-13b3c99ce808Post:1e0ff768-0a21-4a9b-b767-f165e454cefa">Harrisburg Venue - reception only -- outdoors preferred</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm helping to plan my sister's at home reception following a destination wedding, and we're having some trouble finding the right venue. We're looking for an outdoor venue that allows you to bring in your own catering (they want to do MoMo's BBQ).  This probably narrows down venues to parks and DIY type spaces. I've advised them none of the parks will allow alcohol, so I think they're okay with having a dry reception.  They're not looking for American Legion type halls, fire halls, etc. I know all about the traditional Harrisburg wedding venues, but with their needs, we're looking for untraditional. Does anyone have experience with hosting parties in any of the parks/recretation areas near/around Harrisburg?  We're looking for a venue that would offer cover in case of rain. And we need electric as we're planning to have a running video of their wedding ceremony for guests and speakers for light music Or maybe there is a space out there that allows your own catering and can accomodate alcohol that isn't a rental hall type space??   So far we've only looked at Fort Hunter and my sister and her fiance weren't impressed. (they are hard to please so any help is appreciated!) Thanks for your help!
    Posted by kimberlyr22[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards