Pennsylvania-Central

Hampton Inn & Suites vs Courtyard Marriott

Any reviews or opinions?  We're considering one for our room block.

Thanks!

Re: Hampton Inn & Suites vs Courtyard Marriott

• edited December 2011
    I spoke with the Hampton Inn off of 30 in East York on Tuesday.  I am still waiting for her to call me back with an "aggressive price" to get me to book there.
  • Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We blocked at the Hampton. It was the best price around and closest to our venue. Plus, they gave us a meeting room free with a certain number of guests staying there (I don't remember  how many but it couldn't have been too high because we only had 100 people at our wedding) - we used it for the morning after brunch.
  • redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How does this blocking thing work? Do you have to pay so much to block rooms? I've been confused on this. My FI family is from Maryland and I know some will need rooms. Can anyone who's done this explain to me exactly how it works? Thanks!
  • Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although some places try to charge you, they shouldn't. You're basically going to a hotel and saying that you need somewhere to stay for your x number of out of town guests. You're bringing them business, so they shouldn't charge you. In exchange, they offer you a better than average price, and promise to hold a certain number of rooms at that price until a certain date (a couple of months before the wedding) for your guests. After that, the rooms are freed up for anyone at the normal price.
  • redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh ok thanks! I guess we should talk to FI family and find out how many would want a room so we have a better idea of whether we need to do this or not.

Thanks for your help!
  • TrishPATrishPA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also another Hampton Inn In Ephrata.  That may be a little way out.  I like them both, so I would probably go with whomeaver gave me better deal and customer service. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards