Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Ceremony & Reception Places

Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cheap places to hold ceremonies and/or receptions in the York and surrounding areas.  My Fiance and I are on a pretty tight budget since we just bought a house.  Any input is helpful! 

Thanks!

Cool

Re: Ceremony & Reception Places

• Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How big is your guest list and what is your budget? Those are two important details to have before people can really suggest venues for you.  Also when are you looking to get married? If you haven't picked a date yet, just keep in mind that Fridays and Sundays are cheaper. You can also consider getting married in an "off" month (the most popular wedding months are May, June, Sept and Oct).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second all the questions that writergirl has asked you.... As soon as we know that sort of thing, it'll be much easier to recommend :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the guest list will be no more than 120, but if we have to cut some people we will.  I'm not sure what our budget is yet.  My parents said they will pay 1/2 of the costs up to $10,000, but my fiance and I have $0 saved up.  We've been trying to put $20 aside each pay check, but that doesn't amount to a whole lot.  We don't need to worry about entertainment or photography because we have friends that are in the business and are willing to do it for us for a very cheap price.  I am seriously thinking about getting a part time job and just put that money towards the wedding if I have to.

We definitely want our wedding next summer.  We'd like the date to be June 25th, but nothing is set in stone yet...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married June 25, 2011 so I can personally tell you that almost NONE of these places are still available.  But here are the ones I recommend:

-Royal Manchester Golf Links, Stone Mill Inn, Valencia Ballroom, Yorktowne Hotel, Heritage Hills Golf Course, Outdoor Country Club

All are great!  And with as small of a guest list that you have, they'd easily fit into any of these locations.  Good luck!
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, MB is right...you're not going to find too many places that have openings for June 2011 since you're less than a year out.  I'm getting married 6.11.11 and a lot of places were booked when we started our venue search in April.  I second all of MB's recommendations though.

If you're willing to go to Lancaster, you could also check out :
    Hamilton Ballroom (owned by the Cork Factory, which is booked solid),
    Perfect Settings is also nice for a smaller guest list (max. 100) and they have 2 outdoor ceremony options (the first is about a 5-10 min drive and the second is a few blocks up the street),
    Mulberry Art Studio,
    The Eden has great packages and very friendly staff and coordinators, f you want a ballroom setting
    Willow Valley Resort has their own chapel for ceremonies and then different reception rooms.

Hope that helps! Start visiting venues and be prepared to book a venue ASAP! More require a $1000 deposit to hold your date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice girls!  I was in 2 weddings this past summer and they didn't plan long @ all for their weddings so I didn't expect for all of these places to be booked so far in advance.  I guess I should of originally started planning when we got engaged last summer, but I thought I had plenty of time.  Oh well, if it's meant to be then we'll get the place.  Thanks again! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards