Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Another cake question

How many different tastings did you go to before deciding?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another cake question

• Options
    RogueQueenRogueQueen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only went to one and it was actually already after i had booked my cake baker so we could decide on flavors for the different tiers. I had heard about her and been to several bridal shows and tasted cakes there, hers was both the best price (no matter what decorations i choose there was a flat per person rate) and the two different cake flavors i tried from her at one of the shows were outstanding. Being an out of town bride i have to trust my gut a lot and i am really glad we are going with her, her cakes are beautiful and the tasting was super fun and delicious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just one! We were pretty sure about who we were going to go with, and when we had our consultation she gave us a few samples to help decide flavor.  It was INCREDIBLE.  We booked her right there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had tasted cake samples from various bakers at bridal expos but never were really blown away. We did some more research and had one official tasting with a vendor, was thrilled and booked her. 

"If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I think I will wait until I visit a wedding expo in Feb. We have no idea who we want to use or where to start. FI is fine with sampling lots of cake but I don't want to go through it and then have to turn several people down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to 5 before deciding.  I think it is a good thing to, seeing a few before making a decision.  The first one we went to was absolutely amazing (House of Claradon in Lancaster, highly recommended) but the thing was that we had nothing to compare it to by taste, cost, and so on.  Trying multiple cakes and meeting with multiple bakers really helped us to become confident in what we wanted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards