Illinois

Affordable DuPage County Venues - Need Your Suggestions

Hey all,

I'm trying to pick a venue for my wedding in DuPage County.  Anyone have suggestions on something affordable?   At first I wanted a hotel but they all seem waaay too pricey.

Also has anyone had their wedding at these places and/or have any comments about them:

Danada House - Napeverbille
Katherine Legge Memorial Lodge - Hinsdale
Villaggio - Roselle

Re: Affordable DuPage County Venues - Need Your Suggestions

• What about Brewster Creek Lodge in St Charles? anyone know anything about it?
  • Hi, I'm gonna get married in the same area. We decided to do a courthouse wedding in spring 2014 and the big wedding in 2015. We are also looking for something nice and inexpensive. I havent had luck in finding prices per plate less than $80. Do I really have to budget with this price?

• Try Abbington Distinctive Banquets in Glen Ellyn -- I will be having my reception and ceremony there in August 2014 -- they are fairly affordable and the staff is AMAZING!!! You will definitely get the best bang for your buck there!
  • Had my ceremony at Danada House. its so pretty in the summer. Cute inside. Loved it and so did everyone who came.
  • We reserved Brewster Creek for our 9/28 wedding and then moved it to the new Creek Bend FP site at LeRoy Oakes. I have found the Forest Preserve staff really great to work with. One drawback to Brewster Creek is you have to pay any time the gates are opened for you because it is not staffed. LeRoy Oakes is an FP open to the public so you can view the grounds etc. without having to get the staff to open the gates. To tour the rental facility you do need to schedule an appointment.

Brewster Creek is much like a banquet hall in layout and set-up. They offer a full kitchen with sink, stove fridge...not industrial size or anything but large enough for the number of people you can get in the space. The exterior grounds are very hilly and uneven...another reason we switched to Creek Bend for our outdoor ceremony. CB has tons of flat space.

They have a list of approved vendors but if your vendor isn't included on the list they just need to fill out some simple paperwork and provide proof of insurance then they are added to the list...very easy process.

All in all, I've been very pleased so far.  
  • We looked at Oak Brook Bath and Tennis. They have a few different caterers you can choose from, who all have options for less than 80 a plate.

The downside to them is that they have a 2,800 room fee for a Saturday but it is a very pretty place
  • Depending on when ur wedding is and what ur budget is... I'm having my wedding in June next summer at the bartlett hills golf course and what really sold me is that ill be the only wedding there place only hold one wedding and price isn't too bad
  • Look into Meson Sabika in Naperville, IL. We are having our wedding there and everyone vendor I have talked to about where our venue is at has raved about the food being delicious and such a unique location. It is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait. They are decently priced and have discounts for Friday/Sunday parties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards