Pennsylvania-Central

Awwwwww

My FI brought home an injured kitty today.  Because no matter how bad his allergies are, he just couldn't leave her to die by the side of the road.  She's got a fractured pelvis, and her leg is all cut up, but the vet says she should recover.  So now we have an adorable little freeloader, until we find either her old home, or a new one, and the love of my life has allergy sniffles.

Related to nothing, I know.  But injured kitties are more awwww than AW, right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Awwwwww

• Jessimb0587Jessimb0587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww how sweet!! I hope you find this little guy a new home soon!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poor thing! Just keep her as quiet and calm as possible.  I don't imagine she would feel much like moving around much, but don't let her try to jump up on furniture or anything for a while. We once had a cat with a fractured pelvis.  she eventually recovered- she always walked a little funny after that, but was ok.

Your FI is a reall sweetie!  Hopefully you can find your furry friend a loving home.
  • RaptorSLHRaptorSLH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She can barely stand - the best her back legs can do right now is a wobbly crouch, and not for long at that - but fortunately she's not trying to move around much.  The pain meds are probably helping with that.  She's pretty much content to spend all day lying on a pillow in various adorable poses.   Gets a little stronger every day though, so here's hoping she recovers as well as your cat did!

She's been declawed, and loves to be petted behind the ears, so she must have belonged to someone, once.  We're putting out flyers and calling the newspaper and radio stations and stuff.  Cross your fingers.

And yes, my FI is a sweetie.  *beam*  But since hopefully all you knotties are as proud and happy about yours, I'm going to stop there.  Just take the gushing as a implied ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011
    Aw omg that's sad but so happy you found her! You are such a wonderful person for spending your money to get her help at the vet. You never know you might decide to keep her. Cats know how to find a way into your heart! My FI had allergies too but he got over them after we got our first cat. You can build a tolerance!

I have two cats otherwise I would take her but 2 is a handful for a small apartment!
    Hope you find her a loving home!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• RaptorSLHRaptorSLH member
    edited December 2011
    We just heard from her owner!  Kitty will be going home soon.

We're happy, but also sad.  We were starting to fall in love with her, and FI was beginning to talk about keeping her if we couldn't find her people.

They do get into your heart, don't they?  We're going to miss her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011

Aw I'm sorry! At least you know she will have a good home.

Was she an indoor cat that got outside?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards