Pennsylvania-Central

Need an officiant - help!

We are getting married in Greencastle, PA, and I am not having much luck finding a reasonable officiant($). I am looking for an officiant that is not going to charge me travel fees, which means they will be within a reasonable driving distance to Greencastle, PA. Any suggestions?

Also, what is the average cost of an officiant? I have ran across some pretty expensive officiants and am wondering if I am just under-budgeting for this.
Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need an officiant - help!

• Try Reverend Pam Brehem - non denom officiant from Boyerstown. She doesn't charge travel fees for Central PA but you're not really Central. Her fees are reasonable and her travel fees are only a small bit extra. Can't hurt to contact her to ask about her travel fees.
    http://www.reverendpamela.com/
    She's a really sweet lady!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The average cost we've found for officiants is $300-$600.
    Are you looking for a religious ceremony or secular? If you're not going the religous route, you could probably find a local mayor to perform the ceremony for a decent price and no travel.
    We are not having a religious ceremony and after checking out tons of officiants decided to do the self-uniting marriage license and have a friend run the ceremony. I wasn't excited about paying a stranger that much money for a 20 minute ceremony. 
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dave from Wedding Dayz.  If we didn't have the pastor we had I would've booked Dave.  He's done so many weddings that we've seen and it's like he has a personal relationship and can keep your guests entertained during the ceremony.  Also check out the preferred vendors on Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit.. www.lodgeatbrs.com. That's where DH and I got married and they had a good selection of officients on there.
  • In PA judges as well as former judges can legally perform marriages.  You dont have to be at the courthouse they can come to you.  I can't quote a price but I assume a retired judge will be cheaper than a "wedding officiant" business.  In york PA they have a list of retired judges on their courthouse website.  Try to find a list like this from your local gorvernment.

Also, any ordained minister can marry you.  I've heard stores of peoples friedns/family members becoming an ordained minister just to marry them b/c it was cheaper and mroe personal than hiring an officiant. 

Third option is that in PA quaker style marriages are legal meaning that you dont actaully need an officiant.  you can marry yoursleves to each other with witnesses only.  There is an extra $50 fee for this type of lisence and some people worry that you might have problems alter in othr states w/ them not recognizing the lisence, but really shouldnt be a problem.  Worth looking into, i considered this but decided we couldnt affor any possible problems w the lisnece bc my FH is not a citizen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards