Pennsylvania-Central

Recommendations for hairstylists who travel to YOU

I'm wondering if any of you have a suggestion about a hairstylist (and maybe makeup artist; I haven't quite decided if it's worth paying for yet) who will travel to my ceremony site in Harrisburg.  I would love to have my bridesmaid's hair done, too, but I"m worried about how much it'll cost. Has anyone used a good one and wouldn't mind sharing how much they paid for an updo for the bride and bridesmaids?  Thanks!

Re: Recommendations for hairstylists who travel to YOU

• Melissa McHugh from the Lancaster area. She will travel to you. Her prices are great! She is travelling to me on my wedding day. She will not charge extra to go to Harrisburg. I think that will be in her travel range.
    She quoted me $65 for hair and $65 for make-up being the bride. Anyone else is $45 hair and $45 make-up which I thought was pretty reasonable compared to salons that don't travel and charge the bride $100 for each!

Check her out:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/BeautybyMelissaMcHugh

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• According to her website, Melissa McHugh is no longer doing hair for Brides and Bridal Parties; just make up.  I just started my research for hair and make up and was disappointed to see this on her website.

I'm currently looking at going with Headrush Hair Designs. They travel all over Central PA, the fee for travel is dependent upon where they have to travel - it's cheaper in Lancaster (where they're based) and prices go up as you move further out.  But, the prices for hair and make up are very reasonable.

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • I am using Vixen salon, who I believe is based out of Harrisburg. They were a recommendation from my wedding planner, she says they do a great job there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check Patricia Solis out www.elegantxpressions.net She is doing my makeup and her one of her stylist Sam is doing my hair.  They do amazing work and are so fun, but they are not cheap.  They are resonable becuase they come to you and I just have to post of pic of my hair/makeup trial.  It was amazing.

• Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards