Illinois
Options

HELP!!

Long story short my finace and I live in Colorado, however we are both from IL., we are having are wedding in Champaign IL.   Unforunetly, there seems to be no information on vendors in IL. expect Chicagoland or St. Louis.  I am in desperate need of help finding a D.J, Florist, and Cake Baker, I think I have everything else under control.  These are the more difficuilt vendors for me to choose because I dont have the means to meet with these people while living in CO.  Could someone please help...all opinions are apperciated!! thanks ladies!

Re: HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about this site since I haven't checked it out, but here's something.

http://www.weddingmapper.com/plan/il/champaign

Also, I was having the same problems since I'm planning a wedding in Bloomington and I live in North Carolina. I used Yahoo Yellow Pages a lot when I was looking for certain vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info. Ill try that and get back to you!!
  • Options
    ltedlockltedlock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend E. Entertainment for your DJ.  Kris does great work!  He was the DJ for my brother & sister-in-law's wedding and he is going to be the DJ at our wedding.  He really does a good job of playing the music you want to hear.  You can find him on facebook by searching E. Entertainment and his email address is E.Entertainment@yahoo.com.  As far as florist and cake bakers go we haven't quite gotten to that stage of the planning yet.  My sister-in-law used her family friend and long time florist April's Florist.  You can find her website at aprilsflorist.com.  I have no idea what her prices are but her flowers are always beautiful.  My sister-in-law used Sweet Designs in Mahomet as her cake baker.  Debbie does a great job and makes some very tasty cakes!  The phone number is 217-586-6398. 

Hope this helps you out.  Let me know if you need anything else!  Where are you at in Colorado?  My fiance and I are planning on going to CO for our honeymoon next August!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sarah Drake www.SarhaDrakeDesign.com for invites - she's great!

My cousin used Delish Cakes and her cake was perfect - http://www.delishcakes.net/

I'm also talking with Prestige Wedding Decoration for Flowers and so for, I think they might be the ones i'll go with - www.prestigeweddingdecoration.com!

Hope that helped! Good luck!
  • Options
    mishel13mishel13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know if you still need help, but this site has a lot of local vendors. They are the ones that put on the bridal show at the Hilton Garden Inn every year.

http://yourperfectweddingshowcase.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'm originally from Bloomington, IL, and they have a pretty good wedding planning website:

http://www.bnweddings.com/

I know Champaign is about 45min. from Bloomington, but it might help you get started!

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good afternoon, I noticed your post relating to needing a cake decorator. I feel we can help ease your stress!!

We are based out of Tinley Park, IL but travel in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. I personally planned my entire wedding out of state, so I know the stress you are under.

We offer scheduled phone calls or Skype calls to discuss and share you cake details. Between email, phone, Skype/video chat and the FedEx/UPS, we utilize as much as we can to ease you stress and design the perfect cake for your wedding!

I noticed your wedding fall colors were orange and brown - very lovely and elegant. 
    We delivered a cake to Bloomington, IL with brown and pink - it was a four tier square cake and a grooms cake as well. No matter the size of your wedding, everything is customized for you!

I would love to discuss further your cake dreams, if you are still in need. Our small bakery offers custom cakes to each brides needs from allergen free, organics to unique cake request! Even know out of town you can still have a cake tasting shipped to your overnight!

We hope we can make your cake dreams into reality!

Decorative Delights Custom Cakes
    Brenda Tannehill
    Decorativedelightscakes@gmail.com
    Phone: 708-532-2777
    Cell/Text: 708-824-7862
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    start with the florist and they can lead you to all the right vendors. They work with these people all the time and can tell you which one will be a good fit. My favorite florist in champaign is Rick Orr Florist. Doesn't get any better design wise than him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards