Illinois
Options

Springfield IL Shower locations

My aunt has offered to host a hoswer for me in August, but she lives out of town and wants ideas for places to host.  I have a couple of ideas but am sort of blanking.  My parents' house is too small and we don't belong to any of the country clubs. 

Any ideas would be helpful!

Re: Springfield IL Shower locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't really care what the place is, I would try some area churches. The rental fee is pretty reasonable (I think they all land in the $50-75) and I think most churches have a common hall that they will rent out.

If you're looking for something fancier, I would call around to some restaurants and see if they have banquet rooms available.

Good luck!
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cray.anitaCray.anita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The park district has a beautiful building at washington park (holds about 35-40 for a shower, plain white so easy to decorate.  There is also a building at Lincoln Park (6th & Sangamon).  Depending on if they open the beach or not the lake Springfield Beach house can look very nice for not much $. All 3 buildings are air conditioned.  Hope this helps. The Grandview municipal building is a nice small place to rent also (we had a shower with about 30 people there last summer). I  think their fee is very small but is kind of out of the way unless you are on the North east side of Springfield.
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Inn at 835-vintage quaint-cozy
    Fraase farm-trendy chic-fabulous food-like being at home
    Mariah's-upstairs-casual-rustic-good food
    Hilton-vista rooms-over look the city
    crowne plaza-winter garden room-on the top floor
    hilton garden Inn-
    botanical garden-bring your own food-access could be a problem for older people
    piper glenn-nice room overlooks the golf course
    Island bay yacht club-nice intimate surroundings-nice view-I like the fireplace room
    mauldaners-upstairs-trendy loft feeling
    Lake springfield beach house-bring your own food-cheap rental
    any of the hotels/motels
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards