Pennsylvania-Central

In need of 3 rec's!

We are looking for  some last min things - 

dj  - (I can be a big party girl, and come from a big Italian family where we love to dance so this vendor needs to be fun, not cheesy)  :)

photographer - photo journalist style preferred   (where we are willing to splurge most)

videographer

what would you suggest?   
Our budget is around $1,000 - $1,500 for each but we are willing to pay a bit more for  if they are really good and reliable.  I'm realizing though that our budget seems unreliastic the more and more we've searched for "good people"

The wedding will also be in Scranton, PA so they have to be willing to travel, "normal" travel fees are expected within reason.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In need of 3 rec's!

• edited December 2011
    First off... I love Scranton and Olyphant... my Mom's family was from there

DJ- Adam McCallister of Birdsnest Productions, DEFINITELY!!!!!  His e-mail is radioadam@live.com   He is very affordable and great!  He does a sports radio talk show in the morning

Photographer- Solas Photography-- You will not find anyone better.  They are a husband and wife team, they are awesome, and you can't beat their prices.  Their website is www.solasphotography.com if you want to check them out

Videographer-- I highly recommend Natalie from Birdhouse Productions.  She unfortunately isn't available my date, but she's so awesome that she helped me find a videographer to fit her style.  If she's not available you date, she referred me to Taylor Courtney

If you'd like anymore information on any of these vendors, please let me know!  Good luck :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto being in need of a DJ-- unfortunately the few my FI has contacted so far are booked, including Adam McCallister :(

Recommendations welcome!
  • ambercurtambercurt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the DJ that our college uses for a lot of events.  He is currently a college student, but I wouldn't let that stop you.  He does weddings pretty frequently.  Here is his facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-OOCH/164014650302695

My FI comes from a big Italian family, so we wanted someone loud and able to keep up with the crowd, so I know that our DJ will do a great job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Sugar Leaf Films.  Heather and Ben have been nothing but amazing to us and are fantastic!

DJ's, we highly recommend G2 which is an only word of mouth DJ service who has been in business for over 13 years!  They watch the floor and will tastfully mix out songs that your crowd isn't dancing too.  Seriously one of the best I've ever worked with!  markgeiman@hotmail.com.  They book very fast just as an FYI.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
  • kathleenmaevekathleenmaeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    photography- Carden's Photography their website is: http://www.cardensweddingphotography.com/
  • trishayoung20trishayoung20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was photos by nick http://www.photosbynick.com His site says he starts at $2400 but we were able to get a little discount and no travel fees. :)
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really excited about using Melissa McClain photography for our wedding in June 2012.  It's a wife and husband team who has a great style and seem really easy to work with.  Their prices are really quite low for the fact that you'll get 2 professional photographers on your wedding day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards