Pennsylvania-Central
Options

No Venue...Help

I am having such a hard time finding a place to get married.  I would like to get married in PA, but I live in NJ, so much of my searching is done online, and only the places that look "okay" online
 I visit, but when I visit, they are awful!

Ideally, I would like a beautiful outside ceremony that has lots of color and is remote.  The reception needs to be indoors, my fiancee's only request, so I would like it to be unique and beautiful.  I do not like reception halls, or standard ballrooms, but instead more unique.  For example, vaulted ceilings, or interesting architecture.  I love the place below, but it is in NY and too far away.

Liberty_House_01_360x360.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please HELP!

Re: No Venue...Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having such a hard time finding a place to get married.  I would like to get married in PA, but I live in NJ, so much of my searching is done online, and only the places that look "okay" online
     I visit, but when I visit, they are awful!

Ideally, I would like a beautiful outside ceremony that has lots of color and is remote.  The reception needs to be indoors, my fiancee's only request, so I would like it to be unique and beautiful.  I do not like reception halls, or standard ballrooms, but instead more unique.  For example, vaulted ceilings, or interesting architecture.  I love the place below, but it is in NY and too far away.

Liberty_House_01_360x360.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please HELP!

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go over the local boards.  On the left, click on "Local Wedding Boards" and scroll down to NJ and PA.  They are further broken down into sections of those states.  Those girls will be able to help you!

I'm from this area, but I'm a city girl.  I'm not too good with remote places.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Have you looked at The Old Mill? http://connercatering.com/oldmill/index2.htm
    It has vaulted ceilings. The ceremony space is in a clearing in the woods, next to a creek. And it is definitely out in the middle of nowhere.

The Mansion at Ridley Creek http://mansionatridleycreek.com/ is also very different looking-lots of oak panneling. 
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THe Riverdale Manor in Lancaster, PA. It is remote by the Conestoga River. It is back in the woods. It has a large pavillion for a ceremony option if it rains (everyone can fit under). It also has plastic sides that come down if you need it heated or protection from blowing rain so you can still see river and woods.
    OR you can get married outside on a sunny day on the grounds in front of the river.
    The reception part is inside. It is a newly renovated barn with high ceilings and lots of windows to look out on the woods.

Contact asap. They book up really fast.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I was in the same pickle but planning from Chicago for a PA wedding...
    Look at Cameron Estate Inn, Felicita resort, Inn at Loyola, Colonial Golf and Tennis Club, Karen's Harmony Hall, Carlisle Ribbon Mill, Stokesay Castle, Cork Factory Hotel.

All those have great outdoor space and are not ur typical venue
  • Options
    http://www.weddings.lauxmontfarms.com/home/index.htm

Lauxmont Farms in Wrightsville is amazing!  
  • Options
    Ditto - Karen's Harmony Hall, Carlisle Ribbon Mill, and Cork Factory Hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards