Pennsylvania-Central

Photographers

Hi I am new to posts but I am going crazy and would appreciate any help. :]

I have been searching for a photographer and have yet to find one. We are on a smaller budget and I don't want to spend any more than $1000 on a photographer. Solas photography was my first choice but they are booked on my date. Any help? Thank-you! :)

Re: Photographers

• TammyandJakeTammyandJake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Melissa Harper Photography on facebook. She is really great! I think her most expensive package is $700 and that is for 8 hours.
    image Hannah and Alfie
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I wanted Solas but they were booked too. I am using Chris Hayes Photography.

Here is his website:
    http://www.chrishayesphotography.com/

He is in Shelfont, PA but travels to this area for no extra charge. He is never late for our appointments so you have nothing to worry about with the distance.
    He already did my engagement pictures. He was fantastic. He makes you feel really comfortable and does everything naturally and non-posed.

Check out my engagement pics here:
    http://chrishayesphotography.com/ss2011/stephanie_jeff/

His prices are similar to Solas Photography. His packages start at $950 and the most expensive is $1750. His packages all come with photo rights to post on facebook, reprint, etc.

Here are some tips that I found useful when looking for a photographer:
    - Make sure your package includes copyright rights. So you can reprint, post online, send to friends via email, etc. This will save you a lot of money on photo printing in the long run. This is usually done by giving you a CD or DVD of all the pictures or a USB stick.
    - Get at least 6 hours of coverage..make sure you ask how much time they will spend on your wedding.
    - Ask how many edited photos you get. How many will they airbrush? How many will be just raw photos?
    - Try to get an extra photographer with the main one if you budget allows. One photographer can't possibly catch all the moments. Plus one can do posed pictures while the other is doing candid.
    - MAKE SURE the pictures are high resolution digital. This means that they can be shrunk or blown up without loosing pic quality or getting fuzzy. SO if you have a fave wedding photo you want to print on 8.5x11 sized you don't have to worry about it looking grainy.

Good luck with your hunt!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• alisamoyeralisamoyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank-you so much for the information I am going to look into both of them. :)
  • hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Erin Keough Photography. She is my photographer and has 2 packages. The least expensive should be in your price range. She has a website and is on facebook.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • edited December 2011
    I like Erin's work also.  http://www.erinkeough.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone know any good photographers that offer a photo booth?  Getting married in Hershey on July 28,2012 and really want a photo booth at the wedding!

Thanks,
    Helen
  • jdalton314jdalton314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out fuller-photography  we just did an engagement session and it was wonderfull  they are prices are low  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards