Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Bridal Shops??

Hi Ladies!

I have just had an awful experience with a bridal shop. Basically, I ordered a dress but have now gotten a refund for it due to a lot of issues with it. I am thankful that I was able to get the refund, however now I have to start over with my dress shopping. Thankfully, our wedding is not until January 2012 so I do have time to start this process over again.  Does anyone have any recommendations for bridal shops? I want the dress to be nice, however we are on a tight budget for our wedding so I don't want to spend a ton. Thanks a bunch!

Re: Bridal Shops??

• Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your budget is or where you're located, but I got my dress from J & B Bridal.  I can't recommend them enough. My consultant, Jackie was amazing, very patient and has kept me up to date with everything about my dress.  It hasn't arrived, yet but their customer service is outstanding.  They also have trunk shows, so you can get dresses for a discounted price.  Before I made my appointment, I called them with my size, my budget, and a basic idea of what I wanted just to make sure I wasn't wasting my time driving up there. Give them a call, ask for Jackie and tell her Amber sent you!

I also went to Davids Bridal in York. I've gotten several bridesmaid dresses there and I've never had an issue.  However, the reviews on Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelos mix depending on your consultant and which location you go to.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much..I am in York, but am more then okay with traveling to the Lancaster and Harrisburg areas to dress shop. I will definitely look into that..thanks again!
  • Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at david's bridal and had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend them. They are great with keeping within your budget and they are always running sales. Plus I love the extra perks in the way of discounts you get when you buy your dress through them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVED In White Bridal in Lancaster. I got my dress there for $635 - and she's got cheaper and more expensive.

Krys Lynns on Market Street has a pretty good variety and price.

Lilla's is more expensive but good service.

Wedding's by Paullette on Rt. 74 is basically an Alfred Angelo dealer.

There's one in Elizabethtown, but the name escapes me. But they have good prices, selection, and service too.

HTH
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    Jas0920Jas0920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the David's Bridal in York. It all depends on who you get as your consultant for having a good experience. I had Eliza, so maybe you can ask for her.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_bridal-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:d2438252-755f-4d19-a2a6-740f7c795665Post:f889dd96-12c5-439f-8847-eb088a6d9bc6">Re: Bridal Shops??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what your budget is or where you're located, but I got my dress from J & B Bridal.  I can't recommend them enough. My consultant, Jackie was amazing, very patient and has kept me up to date with everything about my dress.  It hasn't arrived, yet but their customer service is outstanding.  They also have trunk shows, so you can get dresses for a discounted price.  Before I made my appointment, I called them with my size, my budget, and a basic idea of what I wanted just to make sure I wasn't wasting my time driving up there. Give them a call, ask for Jackie and tell her Amber sent you! I also went to Davids Bridal in York. I've gotten several bridesmaid dresses there and I've never had an issue.  However, the reviews on Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelos mix depending on your consultant and which location you go to. Good luck!
    Posted by writergirl28[/QUOTE]

This.  I absolutely recommend J & B too!  They're awesome!  I worked with Amy
  • Options
    jallen8jallen8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend In White in Lancaster - I bought one of their sample dresses when they were having a sale (50% selected sample dresses) and ended up with a beautiful silk dress for under 600. :) Customer service is great there - they are so down-to-earth and accommodating.
  • Options
    queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Alfred Angelo Lancaster, and had a really great experience. But, I shopped on a Friday morning and the store was not busy at all. And, since I bought my dress (last August), the entire staff has turned over, at least it seems. I got my dress during one of their sales and got a good deal on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had gotten mine at Alfred Angelo in Harrisburg.  I went for the cheaper route because when we were planning, the dress wasn't a key piece in our budget, and had chosen a bridesmaid two piece in white.  150 bucks.. deal:)
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taylored for You in Mechanicsburg.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Taylored For You!

But I also had good experiences with Tara's Bridal (Camp Hill), In White (Lancaster), and Gowns By Design (Mechanicsburg)
  • Options
    CLMaiorinoCLMaiorino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went shopping yesterday at both The Bridal Emporium in E-town and In White in Lancaster.  I really loved the staff at both places.  The Bridal Emporium had a bigger selection in a broader price range, but In White had beautiful dresses.  I bought my dress at In White right off the rack.  I LOVE IT!  I highly recommend both places. 
  • Options
    cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your help! :) I made an appointment at In White and if I dont find anything there will make an appointment at another place..thanks again!
  • Options
    centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All Classic Wedding is Great!...they are in Lititz
    Great service and very patient with me and my issues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards