Pennsylvania-Central

Honeymoon suggestions

Hi everyone! We're in the process of meeting with travel agents to find a nice honeymoon location. We're looking for an all inclusive resort, not much further than a 6 hour flight. I've heard of resorts that host activities for newlyweds, which I thought would be fun, but the one our travel agent suggested (Sandals - Negril, Jamaica) has horrible reviews online. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Honeymoon suggestions

• jnpfautzjnpfautz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I were trying to come up with where we wanted to go for our honeymoon and finally decided to just go and talk with a travel agent.  We were all over the place with our ideas and she directed us to the Sandals resort in St Lucia - there are 3 resorts to choose from and you stay at one and play and eat at all 3. It gives you a lot of choices of all inclusive activites and food!  And St. Lucia looks awesome - there's a wide variety of things to do depending on what you prefer!!
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were all over the place when we met with our travel agent! We had set a budget for ourselves and we didn't want to go over, and that included excursions and tipping/gratuity. We wanted St. Lucia but the flight prices took up almost half of our budget.  Have you looked at the Riviera Maya? We're staying at Secrets Maroma Beach, but they have so many amazing AIs, you can definitely find one within any price range!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the Iberostar Grand in PuntaCana, DR and it was amazing! Check it out on Trip Advisor.
  • edited December 2011
    We are headed to St. Lucia. We paid $580 a piece for our tickets in July to fly out of Baltimore. It was $100 cheaper if we left from NYC but it was worth the $200 to fly closer.. We are staying at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian. I cant wait!
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Riviera Maya. We are staying at the Catalonia Royal Tulum Resort (all-inclusive, adults only) The prices/packages I think are the best since everything is one big package. All the all-inclusive/adults resorts in Riviera Maya/Cancun area have  the adult fun activities.
    My travel agent is Troy from Grand Voyages Travel in Elizabethtown. They are fantastic!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Depends if you want a quiet or party resort. If you want a quiet relaxing honeymoon spot where you'll be pampered, the Zoetry Paraiso in Riveria Maya was fantastic! Not cheap, but worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards