Pennsylvania-Central

Officiant???

So I am getting married in September and I still don't have an officiant!!!!
I can not spend 300 on one so I would like to find one in the Central PA area who will only chage about $100.00.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!! :) Thanks!

Re: Officiant???

• Where are you getting married?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Canna County Inn Bed and Breakfast! It's in Etters, PA.
  • Ask your close friends and family if they know any mayors, judges, county clerks, etc that might be willing to marry you.

Honestly, with your budget, I think it will be VERY difficult to find an officiant. I would recommend you look into getting a self-uniting license, also known as a Quaker license. H & I aren't religious, and we didn't have a relationship with any civil officials who could marry us. So we got a self-uniting license and we were able to declare ourselves married. We wrote our ceremony and asked a few different people to lead parts of it. If you self-unite, you could ask a close friend or family member to "lead" your ceremony if you prefer a single officiant. At the end of the ceremony instead of him/her saying "I know pronounce you husband and wife" you as a couple say it.

If you have any questions about self-uniting, feel free to PM me! It was very easy, though not every county offers the licenses. We got ours in Chester County. Just call your county clerk and ask about a self-uniting license, what the cost is, etc. Some counties charge extra for a self-uniting license, some will have no idea what you are talking about, and some will tell you flat-out they won't issue them (even though, by law, they are supposed to).
  • Robb Green "the marrying mayor" -- you can Google him for his info and newspaper articles.

He's the former mayor of Jefferson, PA (York/Hanover area) and performs weddings at no cost, although I would assume most people give him a gift for his time and travel (we are looking at $150-$200).

We were not excited about the cost of officiants and were seriously looking into the self-uniting license, but I had tons of push back from family who weren't taking our wedding seriously b/c of it (my mom and grandmother).
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • I feel you! Also looking for cheap officiants here. I found some who just charge donations on  http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/wedding_officiants.html, so maybe they have some in PA too. Best of luck.
  • I know someone! pm me.. he charges about 100!!

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards