Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Country Barn FYI

Since they're not listed on WW, just a tasty tidbit if you're looking into this location.  Be aware of the vendors working your event.  We had attended an event here last night to which the mother of the son who owns the location was heavily meddling and upsetting the bridal party.  She also hopped in her mercedes after the ceremony and almost ran over four of the guests making their way to the reception location.  She snapped and bickered with other vendors and interrupted others from trying to do their job.  Also avoid the "staff" DJ.  He played incorrect songs and couldn't get the sound system working properly during the ceremony or reception.  Lastly, thought it was a bit unprofessional for how the staff at the reception was dressed with shirts half untucked.  Also the owner had brought out his inappropriately dressed kitchen staff to eat at the couple's buffett at one of the couple's set up tables.  They sat there with the party they were catering for over an hour.  Unsightly and unprofessional. 

Re: Country Barn FYI

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a bad experience there just going for a site visit!  The son who owns it was an hour late to our appointment because he ran to Lowe's.  His parents took us around and gave us different information that the son did.  I also found the ceremony fee appaulingly high for what it was. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The experiences you are describing are the complete opposite of the time we spent with Jim planning and then hosting our wedding at Country Barn.  Jim was always the consummate professional, and our wedding was fabulous, going off without a hitch.  

Who is this son you are describing? 
  • Options
    purple38purple38 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my wedding there and just met with Jim on monday and he was great to work with and spent hours with me going over things.  I had no problems with Jim and his mother took me over to the B&B where i will be married at and she couldn't have been nicer and let me take my time in choosing where on the property i would get married at and going over details too. 

I have nothing but good things to say about country barn. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards