Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Vendor Reviews

I got married on 6/26/2010, and I'm *finally* back to do some vendor reviews. I'll start with ones that will be most relevant to you. I'm in the Williamsport area, but my coordinator's company serves all of Central PA (and I think maybe the Philly area), and I bought my dress in Chambersburg. Also, my photographers travel all over PA. SO!

Pure Luxe Bridal Consultants: A +infinity
I am a big-picture person; when it comes to details, my eyes glaze over. That's where Amy came in. I hired Amy as our day-of coordinator just a few months before my wedding, and she jumped in full-force. In the weeks preceding our wedding, she created a timeline for us and was there for all my inane questions, detailed updates, and vent sessions. On the day of, she made sure everything ran smoothly not just at the wedding, but before it as well. She delivered food to my bridesmaids, family and me at the hotel, she supervised vendor deliveries, and she dealt gracefully and effectively with every snag & issue - without me ever knowing about it! Oh, and that timeline? Under Amy's vigilant eye, our wedding not only ran according to schedule, it went AHEAD of schedule - leaving us more free-form time to party with our friends and family (which was a big priority for me). Having Amy as a part of our wedding "team" meant that my husband and I were fully able to enjoy the day, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

J&B Bridals in Chambersburg, PA: A+
I drove three hours to this shop, bought my dress there, and continued to drive there for fittings, etc. It was annoying but so. worth. it. My consultant, Danielle, was so awesome and understanding. I was one of "those brides" that couldn't make up her mind, and Danielle was nothing but patient with me. I felt like J&B had one of the biggest selections as well as an awesome range of price points to choose from. I also had my dress altered at the shop, and I think they did a beautiful job. My only complaint is that my bustle kept coming undone on the dance floor, but really, that could have been my fault. I was trying to show Pennsylvanians how people from Texas do the Cotton Eyed Joe (which I forgot to put on my Do Not Play list - whoops).

Cardens Photography: A+
I've talked Cardens up a lot on this board, but I absolutely love working with them. They have such a great, clean style of photography - no over-editing, just good photojournalistic shots with a touch of artsiness (is that a word? whatev). They travel all over and they are so affordable. We are so happy with our pro pictures and could have never gotten that kind of quality for the price we paid with anyone else. If you'd like to view our whole album, it's at:
http://www.cardensphoto.com/dalevictoria/

Cake - Becky Yeagle, Barb & Becky's Confections: A+infinity
Best cake I've ever eaten. Period. What more would you need to know?

Nevill's Flowers: A-
I can't really complain because the things I didn't like wre things I didn't give much specific direction on. I asked for cake flowers, and I got them... I just didn't really love them. I also asked for a piece for the mantle on the deck, and I got it... again, I just didn't really love it. Their style is a little "old-school" and I suppose if I wanted something specific I should have asked for it. Flowers weren't a huge priority for me though. I did like my bouquet, although I expected it to be a little more... sturdy? Loved the BM bouquets though. Pictures of all are in our Cardens gallery if you want to see what I mean.

Hit the Floor Sounds
: B
Coordinating with my DJ from HtFS (out of Lewisburg, PA) was a bit of a pain pre-wedding; I'm not sure he loved the idea of working with a day-of coordinator and there was a lot of confusion when she sent out the timeline. Also, I think he skipped a few songs on my Please Play list because, you know, the DJ knows best. But the price was right, and on the day of, he kept the dance floor packed. Everyone told me what a great job they thought he did, and I had a blast too.

Bastress Mountain Winery: A-
We did both our wedding ceremony and our reception at the Bastress Mountain Winery in Williamsport. The location is SO beautiful, and everyone loved it. They have a gorgeous outdoor deck that's COVERED so you don't have to stress about rain, and the banquet room - though small - is beautiful as well. They say they can hold 120. Do not believe this! If you're having a seated dinner with all guests inside, I wouldn't go over 80. It is cramped in there. Also, the DJ's area is outside by the deck, so if you use them, you have to tell your DJ to bring an extra speaker or whatever they do. I did not do this, and my DJ was not happy. (In my defense, gosh, another thing on my plate?? Geez.) Weddings here are a bit of a "side" thing and the owners seem to be slightly disorganized, bless their hearts. For a Type A bride, this can be frustrating. But the food was GREAT (I ate it. All.) and I'm really glad I had my wedding there, frustrations and all.

If you have any questions about any of my reviews, feel free to email me: vcfryer@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards