July 2012 Weddings
Options

Some Beauty Questions

So - I've been thinking a lot about "bridal beauty" recently - and I have two questions for yall.

For those of you who wear glasses regularly, do you plan to wear them during the ceremony/reception/pictures?

For those of you with lighter complexions, do you plan to tan before?

I wear glasses - and I plan to wear them that day. I NEVER wear contacts - and FI said he fell in love with me with my glasses on, he thinks of me with glasses, don't be ashamed to wear the glasses.

As far as tanning, I'm concerned. I'm a big outdoor water-sports kayakin' girl - who usually gets burned quite bad (2nd degree burns two years ago - on both legs, arms, and my chest/stomach) - which then turn into lovely tans - with a heck of a lot of tan lines. I really don't want to go to tanning beds - so I'm thinking of just wearing long sleeves for all my kayaking experiences until July.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Some Beauty Questions

• Options
    I wear glasses regularly and I hate wearing contacts but I wear them on special occasions so I'll definitely be wearing my contacts.  I don't think FI would care either way.  I just don't feel dressy in my glasses.

And I'm naturally tan :) but probably will go to the beach or lie out a little before the wedding. 

BrightFireFly...do you get sunburnt even when you wear A LOT of sunblock?

weddingcake-1
  • Options
    I don't wear glasses and I live in one of the cloudiest places in the world where accidental tanning is not possible, so I'm not much help :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_some-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9fad07c0-1330-42cc-bb22-1658eb7f0e2dPost:0b81c86a-a023-44c3-9a5e-7cf936dd0534">Re: Some Beauty Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]IBrightFireFly...do you get sunburnt even when you wear A LOT of sunblock?
    Posted by Nancy00714[/QUOTE]

I don't get as burnt if I wear a high SPF - but I still get burnt.

When I got the 2nd degree burns - I think I was only rockin' like a 20 SPF.

With 35+ spf, I get red - but not scorched.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

If you don't want to be super pale, you could try spray tanning?  I highly recommend this! As long as you go to a place that uses natural tanning spray, and as long as you specify "Don't make me an oompa loompa" it looks really natural. And then you don't have to get in a tanning bed (which is terrible for you and you shouldn't do anyway). You would need to do this no more than a day or two before the wedding, though, because it does wear off after a few days. So you would have to cover up beforehand so that you didn't just emphasize your tan lines from kayaking!

Anyway, that's what I am going to be doing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wear glasses everyday.  I don't have contacts as an option.  I rarely see glasses wearing brides in bridal/photography blogs! 

I don't tan and I usually douse on SPF, so I am considering a light spray tan.  I would never lay out or use a tanning bed.  I've got two parents who have had skin cancer (melanoma and squamous cell).

We've got a mobile spray tan operation here.  They will come to your house, set up a little squivvy tent in your living room, and spray you at home!
  • Options
    I just bought a strapless swin suit specifically for the tanning reason. My dress is strapless and I dont want any tan lines.... so i'll be wearing that all summer when im outside.

I've also used sunless tanner lotion for a friend's winter wedding (and just winter in general somtimes) If you get a good brand and apply evenly, it looks really nice and natural :]
  • Options
    I wear glasses too, which I will definitely be wearing on my wedding day... contacts are a no go w/ me.  I actually am so used to wearing them that I think I look weird without them.  I want to get a new pair that will coordinate with my wedding colors (I'm insane like that! lol)

As far as tanning, I have no idea what I'll do.  I'm not really a sun worshipper or tan bed kind of girl, but I still have tank top tan lines from last year!  I might have to test out the spray tan thing to see if it could help even them out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts on Spray tan - it's an option. :o)

My mom is freaking out - because I usually walk around with two sets of tan lines. One from my halter swimsuit - and one from camis that I wear over the swimsuit when I kayak. She's like "oh please Amanda, please don't do paddlefest this year.." Haha

I <3 my mom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually tan pretty fast so I am going to be very careful about what I wear. I don't want any funny tan lines. I'm going to wear strapless swimming suit (yuck! feels like my boobs sag!) and I'm going to try my best to not get burned at the beginning of the summer!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_some-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9fad07c0-1330-42cc-bb22-1658eb7f0e2dPost:9a3bd366-550b-4f55-9f76-2aeece0c7f4c">Re: Some Beauty Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I usually tan pretty fast so I am going to be very careful about what I wear. I don't want any funny tan lines. I'm going to wear <strong>strapless swimming suit (yuck! feels like my boobs sag!)</strong> and I'm going to try my best to not get burned at the beginning of the summer!
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

Victoria's secret made strapless swim suits with underwires this year--they are really supportive and cute!

As far as tanning, just laying out a bit with a strapless suit...I don't wear glasses or  contacts, so I can't help ya there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    Slather on some higher spf for sure anytime you will be out in the sun.  I doubt you will burn with some SPF 60 on!  :)  I tan really fast and I am naturally tan anyway.  I'g going to try and be careful to not get tan lines but if I do then I will probably get a spray tan to take care of them (hopefully).  I wear glasses and contacts but I dont like how I look with glasses so I will be wearing my contacts for the wedding.  :)
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am thinking of doing a spray tan before hand.  I usually burn and then tan during the summer.  Our winter has been mild here so I hope that we will have a nice spring as well but who knows.  I wear contacts all the time and never wear my glasses.  I'm so blind that my glasses don't help me with peripheral vision and I never feel like I see as well with them.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'll do some tanning.

I'm very concerned about my left arm though. It has white spots all over, where the pigment sort of disappeared. It's ugly. My doctor told me yesterday my vitamine B12 deficiency, for which I came in, could be the reason, so I hope it clears up soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm so pale I'm practically transparent. 

I am actually starting a tanning regimen this month because I'm also in a wedding in April.  It takes a long time for my color to build up, and I don't want to overdo it because I don't want to burn.  Skin cancer is no joke.

ETA - I do the standup tanning "beds" at a local salon... I hate the ones you lay on.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_some-beauty-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9fad07c0-1330-42cc-bb22-1658eb7f0e2dPost:bf542b78-f947-45a9-b1ed-329002553a5c">Re: Some Beauty Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Slather on some higher spf for sure anytime you will be out in the sun.  I doubt you will burn with some SPF 60 on!  :)  I tan really fast and I am naturally tan anyway.  I'g going to try and be careful to not get tan lines but if I do then I will probably get a spray tan to take care of them (hopefully).  I wear glasses and contacts but I dont like how I look with glasses so I will be wearing my contacts for the wedding.  :)
    Posted by ajmom2two[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever used SPF 60 - so I'll give it a go + long sleeves on the boat to avoid pesky tan lines. :p

I think I'm going to wear my glasses. I've worn a pair everyday since seventh grade - and I actually dig 'em..so...why not?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards