Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Hotels

Who are you ladies blocking rooms with for your out of town guest? I'm getting married in September at the Stone Mill in Hellam so I would need somewhere close to their like york or lancaster. We are currently dealing with the new Courtyard by Marriott near the York Galleria but as the time goes on I'm become less happy with the our contact person so we are looking for some other options. Thanks!

Re: Hotels

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Comfort Inn and Suites on George Street.  So far, they've been great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know your price range or if its too far for you, but my MOH used the Homewood Suites at the intersection of Rt. 30 and Interstate 83 and had a really good experience. 

Or I think there's a Comfort Inn on 462 between Columbia and Mountville. 
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how much distance, but what about the Eden Resort?
  • Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:f76665c8-71c5-4f1c-b47f-2c06fa4bbe72Post:f85a0813-b5f7-4788-8a1b-40bed3dbde83">Re: Hotels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure how much distance, but what about the Eden Resort?
    Posted by Shutterbug101108[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure about the distance either but i totally forgot about them. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for reminding me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I were a wedding guest at your wedding, seeing how you are having your reception at the Stone Mill...I would probably not want to go any where near the light cycle in York. Just my opinion (i.e. it can be confusing for out of towners).  That's also coming from someone who's from Lancaster and wouldn't need to go near the light cycle to get to York for your wedding.  LOL 

I think the Comfort Inn near Mountville would be great. It would be super easy for your guests to get to...We of course used Marriott at Penn Square since our reception was there...but I am sure your guests will want something a little closer to your venue??  The Courtyard by Marriott at Mt Zion sounds like an awesome location. Sorry that's not working out so great with the contact person! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the Eden. I have dealt with their wedding planner (although I didn't choose their venue- not because of her!) and they are very organized and accommodating. Their rooms are really nice and they have several restaurants for a morning brunch after the wedding!
    The Marriott Courtyard in downtown Lancaster is okay but I wouldn't suggest city driving if you don't have to make your guests drive downtown.
    There is a nice Hampton Inn at the Greenfield exit, but it might be a little far away for you. However, they do offer shuttle service if you have so many rooms booked (I think 8 or more.).
    The Marriott at Greenfield exit also has shuttle service. We are actually booking with them because I am getting married down the road at the Riverdale and they have shuttle service. Plus reward points!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards