Pennsylvania-Central
Options

cake v cupcake

Whats everyones opinions on cake v. cupcake? 

Also do you have to have enough cake for every single person invited to your wedding?  I know i haven't had any cake at weddings that i've attended, not really a cake person. 

Re: cake v cupcake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was firmly in cupcake land until I s tarted watching shows like Cake Boss, and completely fell in love with the idea of a beautiful cake... lol suffice to say, we're now spending a bit on the cake. :)

Cupcakes definitely might be more budget-friendly, depending on where you get them from.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing both, a 6" cake to cut into and cupcakes to serve to our guests!  The weddings I have attended I have had cake.
  • Options
    RogueQueenRogueQueen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on what kind of theme or vibe you are trying to convey at your wedding. I think if you are going for fun, quirkly, out of the box, unique, laid back, kid friendly, or creative then the cupcakes fit very well. If you are doing anything more elegant, tradtional, glamorous, more structured or you really like the idea of a big cake to cut into then go with a full cake. 

But even so with all that said, its what you and your FI want. So whatever you want to see when you walk into your reception, or what ever you want to feed each other or your guests is what you should go with.
  • Options
    redreviving6redreviving6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should do whatever you like!  Our wedding is more traditional and we are doing a cupcake tower with a cake on top.  Definitely check out Sprinkles and Swirls (www.sprinklesandswirls.net) Jasmine does both cakes and beautiful cupcake towers with YUMMY cupcakes.  I LOVE HER!  Her prices for both are reasonable.

The one thing I love about cupcakes is that they seem fresher to me than wedding cakes.  I have never tasted a wedding cake (at a wedding) that was fresh and tasty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also are having cupcakes from Sprinkles and Swirls. I am very excited for them. Jasmine is the first person that we booked for the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards