Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Airbrush Makeup

i have a makeup artist for day of wedding makeup if i wanted, and shes awesome- however she doesnt do Airbrush, and i have tattoos!! Even tho they are angels, and our theme is victorian xmas- i dont think they match my Maggie! I have used the at home cover ups and they work- but i dont want to get makeup on my dress.
Does any one know of any reasonable airbrush makeup artist in the lancaster area or that is willing to travel to?
 I was quoted by one,  she wants $85 for just the CONSULT- $175 the day of for my face only and $85 per sqaure inch of the tat..now mine are not that big but that is raking it at almost $350 minimum!
Any suggestions ????

blog post photo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Airbrush Makeup

• Options
    centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can try Patricia Solis, I know she does airbrush but i have no idea how much she charges for tattoo cover up.  www.elegantxpressions.net
    have you talked to your friend about maybe practicing on you and see how it works. 
  • Options
    SHALYNNMARIESHALYNNMARIE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Patricia is the one thats over 300- there is someone else that is "just practicing" so im hoping that she will have experience by 2012....my friend doesnt do any airbrush..but thanks for the info!

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just spoke to her this morning about your post and she told me she doesn't charge $85 for consults or $175 for only the day off, so maybe you should stop exaggerating.  Her rates are right on her site, so there is no big secret.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im sorry if you found something Different then what i did- this is the link SHE herself sent me- trial is $75, im sorry if i was off by a few $..like 10 for the consult.  and day of is $125 for the makeup Only doesnt include tattoo cover up-  i was not being mean or LYING or exaggerating. when i posted this.. i was going by what she sent me!http://elegantxpressions.net/blog/?page_id=119Trial$75Bride OnlyOnly available for Lancaster, PA  Weddings$125 – Traditional Makeup$140 – Airbrush MakeupTraditional Makeup ServicesBride $100Other bridal members $75Airbrush Makeup ServicesBride $125Other bridal members $100On Location Makeup Services require a minimum booking of 3, within 30 miles from Lancaster, PA.  Minimum will be more for other areas. Eyelashes Application$15 per personTravel feeTravel up to 60 miles round trip is included.  After that a rate of $1.00 per mile will be added to your bill.  The exact amount will be determined and entered into your service agreement. Hairstyling ServicesOn-Location hair styling services available with a minimum booking of 4. Retainer$100 non-refundable retainer and service agreement is required to reserve/hold the date. 

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also, just to add- there is a MINIMUM booking of 3..so that would mean at least 2 other bridesmaid @ 60 a piece besides myself..that is where i got the price ..sorry if there was confusion but i dont post things without backup and im def not rude or lying.

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am having Trish do mine.  I was a bm at my cousins wedding and loved my makeup. 
    I did hear also about Carmina through my cousin, she said she that is how she found Trish but Carmina charges more than Patricia. 
    more like $85 the consult and $175 the day off if I remember correctly, so maybe you got them mixed up. 

I don't have a tattoo but hopefully you can find someone that will help cover it without it transferring onto the dress  or ask the photographer, maybe he or she can just photoshop it. 

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! maybe there was a mix up but i didnt contact carmina- i only contacted trish because i heard of her thru others, and thats why i put the list she gave me up- and yeah the makeup itself isnt my biggest concern its the cover up of the tattoo! 
    i will keep looking for someone that can do just the tattoos only..that might be an option because most of my bridesmaid dont even wear makeup alone besides airbrushing so the 3 person min wouldnt work for me!

thanks for the advice nina!!! 

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards