Pennsylvania-Central

Best place to have a wedding and reception on a low budget in Gettysburg Pa or surrounding area

My fiancae and I are planning our wedding on a budget of about $5,000. Right now I am trying to find a place for our wedding ceremony and reception and still have money for our attire, and favors, gifts, and other needed items. Does anyone know of a reasonable yet classy place to hold our wedding and reception around Gettysburg Pa? I am going insane trying to find a place we can have our own caterers. Please help?

Re: Best place to have a wedding and reception on a low budget in Gettysburg Pa or surrounding area

• mjgnjrsmjgnjrs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people total?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Wyndham Gettysburg. Their prices for food alone is $39.50 per person but then it adds up when you add in bar service...but like PP said it will depend on how many people you have and if you want bar service or not. And I've had a great experience working with them so far and all the other vendors (like photogs, DJs, etc) I've talked to say their food is fantastic!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on how many people you have, consider the Yorktowne Hotel in York, PA. They include a lot in their price (cake, open bar, cocktail hour, etc.) so they are great for a budget. That is where I am having my ceremony and reception and it is really beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    I would advise against the Yorktowne because they have been dealing with bankruptcy and are supposed to be going to sheriff's sale. Just thought you might want to know. I'd check out golf courses between York and Gettysburg. I think there's one on Rt. 30 near Thomasville and there's one on Rt. 74 in Shiloh but I can't remember their names. GL
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • edited December 2011
    Ours was at Royal Manchester Golf Links in Manchester, and also PP suggested in Shiloh, which is Grandview.  It really depends how many people we're talking about I guess!
  • edited December 2011
    Well we are thinking no more then 150 thats our max. I will take all these places into consideration. Thank you so much ladies, I am born and raised in York County so to try and find places in Gettysburg was really not easy for me. LOL  Thank you all so much I like the golf course idea and I have also been thinking about local colleges just because they usually have great yard spaces, and they will be on summer break next June!
  • leona726leona726 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    gettysburg bed and breakfast isnt super cheap, but they will let you cater with whoever you want.  a saturday wedding was about $2800 though...im not sure what other days cost, may be able to cut costs there.  good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you I will check in to that!
  • edited December 2011
    How did you like your reception at the Wyndham? I'm trying to decide between them and the Historic Gettysburg Hotel and it's stressing me out. Please let me know about your experience.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards