Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Grooms Cake/ Rehearsal Dinner Dessert

I need to order a dessert for the rehearsal dinner.  I was planning on getting a groom's cake to surprise FI, but I don't want to spend a ton of $$ on it.  What are you all doing for rehearsal dinner desserts/groom's cake?  I also like the idea of cake pops, but at $2.50 a cakepop or more, that sounds expensive for the rehearsal dinner dessert. 

Anyone have a reasonably priced baker they prefer near West Chester?  <$2.00 a piece if at all possible.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Grooms Cake/ Rehearsal Dinner Dessert

• Options
    Our rehearsal dinner location offered a package dinner for our guests which included dessert for each person. Have you checked with your location to see if you could do this instead?
  • Options
    Not near West Chester but I'm getting a cut out cookie platter from a bakery in Anderson. I'm getting rings, wedding cakes, and then shapes about our relationship like a dog and suitcase. Could you look into something like that? Are you wanting to do a shape cake? I looked into it and they were all over $3/slice. Some got to be closer to $5.

My friend in L-ville did different flavored pies for her RD. It went over really well.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_grooms-cake-rehearsal-dinner-dessert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:01e3c045-d21d-4d6d-96ad-060203a245adPost:9175d829-907d-4597-b1cf-b3cd3bb56645">Re: Grooms Cake/ Rehearsal Dinner Dessert</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not near West Chester but I'm getting a cut out cookie platter from a bakery in Anderson. I'm getting rings, wedding cakes, and then shapes about our relationship like a dog and suitcase. Could you look into something like that? Are you wanting to do a shape cake? I looked into it and they were all over $3/slice. Some got to be closer to $5. <strong>My friend in L-ville did different flavored pies for her RD. It went over really well.
    </strong>Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

Good idea, FI likes pies a lot...hmm Costco has a ton of delicious pies that they sell.  I'll look into that too.  I just want to bring something nice, but not spend a lot of money.  Seems like that is almost impossible when you throw the word wedding into the mix.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I too am searching for a groom's (cheese)cake for the rehearsal dinner.  He loves cheesecake & the cheesecake factory is sooo expensive.  Anyone know of any other places to get cheesecakes?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_grooms-cake-rehearsal-dinner-dessert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:01e3c045-d21d-4d6d-96ad-060203a245adPost:5a838947-6709-452b-a6f5-5e7030fdb123">Re: Grooms Cake/ Rehearsal Dinner Dessert</a>:
    [QUOTE]I too am searching for a groom's (cheese)cake for the rehearsal dinner.  He loves cheesecake & the cheesecake factory is sooo expensive.  Anyone know of any other places to get cheesecakes?
    Posted by keatingkd[/QUOTE]

There is Jerry's Cheesecakes as well as Annette's Cheesecakes.  We are using Jerry's Cheesecakes for our wedding (so tasty!)  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm now I think I am going to call either Annette's cheesecakes or Kroger to find out if they can help me out.  Annette's cheesecakes is much cheaper than I anticipated and also does cupcakes for $12 per dozen.  Sounds like a pretty good deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My dh LOVES cheesecake and was in heaven when I got him a Costco cheesecake for his birthday.  They have plain ones and then you could provide a number of toppings that your guests can dress up their piece.  I believe they also have atrawberry ones as well.
    They also have frozen Cheesecake Factory at Costco which I believe is pre-sliced.

• Options
    You might also want to check Gary's Cheesecakes - http://www.garyscheesecake.com/www.garyscheesecake.com/Our_Cheesecakes.html

Personally, my granddaughters made the cake.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Look into Servatii's at Voice of America, they can do custom cakes as well.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards