Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Hard to get a response from baker

My baker promised in April to give me a quote for a special dessert, which is not a wedding cake, but a sweet item for the buffet.

I emailed her these times: April 25, May 20, and June 20
And I called her these times to follow up with my email: April 26, June 21

I got a response each time.  But she kept deferring me, saying she'd get back to me the following week.  But it's been like 3 months since she's owed me a quote.  I can't pay her if she can't give me a price.

Our wedding is in 4 weeks.  I could email or call next week but I'm afraid of her usual response.

Should I be worried?

EDIT: Just a clarification, she is not making our wedding cake
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hard to get a response from baker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is she also baking your wedding cake?

I think I would be a bit concerned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    She is not baking my wedding cake, only the dessert.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tiffjjrtiffjjr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Id go elsewhere she clearly does not want your buisness.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd be a little concerned.  What is it that you're looking for?  I'm friends with a TON of pastry chefs (seriously, I'm the only non-foodie when we go out).  If you want, I can give you a few names of people who might be able to help.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_hard-response-baker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:0a98a4f9-9674-4a94-98e5-1317566c3186Post:fe56e8a2-070a-4580-aa5f-13ab62ff5240">Re: Hard to get a response from baker</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be a little concerned. <strong> What is it that you're looking for?  </strong>I'm friends with a TON of pastry chefs (seriously, I'm the only non-foodie when we go out).  If you want, I can give you a few names of people who might be able to help.
    Posted by mrs.dilligaf[/QUOTE]

<div>A tower of croquembouche, i.e. cream puffs, with strings of carmelized sugar wrapped around it.  Can you recommend some others for me?</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have not signed a contract with her yet, you're fine to go elsewhere. If she was that worried about it she would have given you a quote.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go elsewhere, a proper vendor should stick to their word or give a very good reason why they aren't. If you havent signed a contract, email her saying you CANCEL and find someone else- there are so many good bakeries in Cincy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, I would be stressed and probably look elsewhere if you don't have a contract.  We used Piece of Cake on the west side and they were phenominal.  I mean, really good to work with.  They're a Greek bakery, so they may be able to reproduce what you're looking for.  It's run by a little old couple.  The man does the baking and the woman, Fran, does the wedding planning.  It's not a slick corporate operation, it's more like working with my Aunt Betty on a potluck dessert, but I kind of liked that personal feeling.  Our cake was so delicious (as is their baklava) and very very affordable.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards