Illinois-Southern Illinois
Options

Catering help

Does anyone out there know of a GOOD caterer in SI?  I'm getting married in Sparta next year and want nice, quality, different food.  NO buffet, NO fried chicken, etc....

Re: Catering help

• Options
    lizbth81lizbth81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where are you getting married in sparta? b/c i know the shooting complex requires you to use 17th street and they will serve anything for a minimal charge per plate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, that's part of the problem....the ATA is nice but we don't want 17th St.  My mom owns a local restaurant and the food at that 17th branch is not good...lol...plus the cost of renting the ATA is high.  Just not worth it.  We're having the ceremony outside and the reception at the local Lions Club.  It's recently been redecorated.
  • Options
    lizbth81lizbth81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree i don't love the 17th street there...i actually really like the hard wood floors @ the lions club.  (i'm from the area) i will look into somethings and get back to you.  i know my caterer is closed on mondays (today) but i'm not sure if she will do the serving, so i will check into it.  i'll ask some of my friends who they had cater their wedding.  i'm not getting married in that particular area and i asked for a list of recommendations from my reception hall.  did you check into that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry this is off topic, but I noticed you are getting married in/near Sparta, IL.  Wondering where your outdoor location is for the ceremony. Having trouble finding my own since my fiance's family lives in Coulterville and mine lives in Belleville. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Carterville and having the reception in Herrin. I'm having a hard time finding catering, too! Everyone says 17th St. but I know people who have been to weddings that they've catered and they said it was mediocre. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards