Massachusetts

9/12/09 Vendor Reviews

Vendor Reviews Spencer Country Inn – A I loved working with the Inn. I booked them almost 2 years before my wedding and communication was very good with them. Prices are extremely reasonable, and the wait staff service was great. They were very understanding when we were running late to the reception because of pictures. Everyone loved the food, and they set up everything perfectly. I had to place a deposit to hold the date, which was refunded to me in full 2 weeks after the wedding. They even gave us a free room to get ready in and stay in for the night. I will recommend them to anyone who is looking for a nice country setting at a wonderful price. Etsy – Ms. Jennifer Rae A+ I ordered my felt & button flowers from Jen and the entire process was about a month and a ½ beginning to end. Her communication was phenomenal and she sent me pictures every step of the way. I got so many comments on the end results, and love that I have something unique I can treasure forever. I wouldn’t have traded them for anything in the world. Favors –Kustomkoozies.com AI ordered 180 koozies from kustom koozies about 2 months before my wedding. I ordered brown collapsible koozies with double sided printing. They didn’t take too long to get, and Linda was a big help through emails when I was trying to figure out my order form. I opened the box when it arrived, but did not individually count the koozies. A few days before the wedding I was separating them to give to the venue, and only had 159 koozies in the box. I had my mother double check my count. I contacted Linda via email and had a quick response. They were able to reimburse me for the missing koozies. Had I counted right away they would have sent me more, so it was just as much my fault. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a cute and usable favor. DJ/MC Sounds by Rich – A++ Rich is wonderful! He did a friend’s wedding that we attended over a year before our wedding, and I booked him that same week. He has so much energy, and won’t keep a song on if no one is on the dance floor. We had a lot of country music at our wedding, and he did a good job at mixing it up. He pronounced everyone’s names correctly (some of them are hard!) and worked with us when we didn’t do things traditionally. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ/MC for any event. His price is extremely reasonable. Alica’s Formalwear – B- When we went to Alicias for the guy’s first fittings, we didn’t have any problems. They did write a size down wrong for my brother, but they called him right away to come back and it was no biggie. They also worked with us to get measurements for our ring bearer who lived in VA. When we went back to pick up the suits, we walked in the door to two dogs jumping on us, which I felt was very unprofessional. FI’s suit did not fit at all, the pants were literally about 4 inches too short, and the jacket sleeves 2 – 3 inches too long. She ordered him new ones over night, and they still did not fit perfectly. We didn’t have time to order again, so FI wore regular dress pants and his jacket and vest were bigger than they should have been. Prices were reasonable, but I wasn’t thrilled with FI’s suit situation. Cakes by Chris Gadaire – A+ I found chris at a local wedding expo. She was a pleasure to work with and does beautiful work. We ordered a groom’s cake (maple flavored – amazing!) that was shaped like a tree stump with our initials in it. I cried when I saw it. It was amazing and she was very low on her price. Our cake was a 3 tier and we also had a sheet cake for guests. All the cake was moist and very tastey, and looked amazing. I can’t thank her enough for her gorgeous work. David’s Bridal AI had a pretty good experience with DB. When I went for my dress, I was actually pretty sick. They gave me just the right amount of attention. The girl was very honest, but not rude. We also got the BM dresses at the same time, which came in relatively quickly. We had to exchange a BM dress for a larger size closer to the wedding, and they had no problem doing it for us. We just brought the receipt and the dress with the tags still attached and they did the rest. I did feel the alterations were pricey, over $100 just for the hem. But I didn’t have much choice but to bring it there due to the dress being a pickup. Overall, I was happy with my experience. Hair - Shagged (Lexi) ALexi has been my hair dresser for years, and did a wonderful job. I did a ½ up ½ down with curls. My hair held well all night (even with the humidity) ahignd I recommend her to anyone, even if you just need a hairdresser.For pictures or more information on any vendor's work on my wedding, you can page me on the Boston or September 09 Board.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards