Massachusetts

Bridal Shops-Raves

I went to both Bancroft Bridal and Pearl's Bridal to look at dressed. They were both WONDERFUL and put up with my pickiness.
Bancroft- I felt like their selection was pretty small and they didn't have a large selection. I think they had a lot of certain types. But Diane who helped me in and out of the dresses was great! I didn't end up picking out my dress here.

Pearls Bridal in Holyoke- Even though it's downtown it's in a REALLY nice space. I think they're trying to build up that area. I was there for over 2.5 hours and the girls were great!. They could tell I was getting overwhelmed with my mom and grandmother and were really great getting me to focus on what I want. I ended up getting my dress here!
August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
229 image Invited to celebrate!
191 image Remembered to RSVP!
26 image Can't make it
7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shops-Raves

• s44honeys44honey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt go to Bankroft, but I will second Pearl Bridal. I went there and tried some on. They were wonderful and the space is beautiful. I didn't end up buying anything there, because they were a little out of my budget, but they were very nice and very helpful. I went on a Saturday and called just an hour before I went and they had no problem letting me come and helping me.
  • Shoefly21Shoefly21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got my wedding dress at Bancroft's moving sale last year. Ive also gotten a couple of bridesmaid dresses there. I worked with Abby last time, she was awesome!
    Our beautiful engagement pictures imageMy Bio... returning from hiatus
  • edited December 2011
    Good to know!  I am going to Bancroft & Modern next week.  Any feedback on Modern?
  • edited December 2011
    No feedback at modern, but I just read my original post and realized I repeated the same thing about Bancroft.

My friends sister recommended Modern to me, but I never made it that far!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I have a recommendation for Modern too-so we shall see how it goes!
  • A&EToBeA&EToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had great luck at Pearl too, they were phenomenal and had amazing gowns.  I ended up getting my gown at Bridal Heirlooms in South Hadley though.  I love those girls!  Shirley is awesome and makes you feel like you're her #1 client!  She spent hours and hours with me.  She really listens to what you have to say about likes/dislikes of the gowns you're trying on and pulls dresses based on what you're saying.  I ended up with the most beautiful, unique dress I have ever seen.  I want to wear it all the time! LOL I can't wait for my wedding day to show it off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    256image Invited to come play!
    144image Will join us in the sandbox
    112image Took their toys and went home
    0image Are still asking their mommies
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Bancroft and Bridal Heirlooms in South Hadley. I HATED Bancroft. I felt like they were rushing me and just trying to make a sale. And they didn't have much. I ended up buying my gown from Bridal Heirlooms. My mom, grandma and MOH sat and drank champagne and they REALLY cared about finding exactly what I wanted and made the whole experience very special. After Bancroft, I didn't want to go gown shopping again. I felt like a barbie doll the way they were throwing gowns on and off of me. Bridal Heirlooms wasn't like that at all. They've been so great for my alterations also. 
    160 image 99 image 13 image 48 image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear about Bridal Heirlooms... it is ALL about the customer service!  Otherwise, your experience is ruined.  I will def give them a try.... esp if I have less than terrific experiences this week at my other 2 appts!
  • edited December 2011
    Loved my experience at David's Bridal in West Springfield...if you go, request kelly! She helped my best friend and me find our dresses. She LITERALLY found mne for me because I ended  up buying one that she suggested I try on with a "trust me, this is the dress for you" when I had no inkling to try on a strapless gown! Love her, can't wait to get her  input on bridal party dresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards