Massachusetts
Options

Hi everyone!

I have been browsing The Knot for quite some time now and think it is about time I post something!  My FI and I are getting married in April (2011).  We are really beginning to focus in on all the planning.  We are in the search of a photographer, a cake, and flowers......any suggestions? 

Re: Hi everyone!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married? I'm still searching for a photographer and florist myself. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome! 
    I am also currently looking for those things but I can at least give you names of people/places that I've begun looking into... (these are local western mass vendors)
    Photography - Derek Fowles, Seth Kaye
    Bakeries - Atkins, Gregory's Pastry Shop, Henion, Black Sheep has delicious pastries and cakes but I dont think that they do wedding cakes, but if you're doing cupcakes they might be a good choice
    Florist - I cant help with suggestions here, I will be doing my own flowers, buying in bulk from local farms
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    flowers- durocher in west springfield
    photographer- jessfoto.com

does anyone have a great DJ suggestion??? I'm getting married in Northampton
  • Options
    A&EToBeA&EToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Phill Davis for my photography.  His work is awesome and he's got a GREAT personality!  (413-552-4005)

We're probably going to use Greggory's in Hadley for the cake (although we haven't really shopped around, his are just the most delicious cakes I've ever eaten.  My FI is REALLY looking forward to doing cake tastings though, lol)

Not sure about a florist yet, but we're probably going to use the in house florist at our venue.  From what he was saying, I think his asthetic is what we were going for anyway.

And we are totally in love with our DJ! Stephan DJ is awesome! He recently did one of my Bridesmaid's weddings and he had the dance floor packed the entire night.  Loved it!  413-283-2238
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    256image Invited to come play!
    144image Will join us in the sandbox
    112image Took their toys and went home
    0image Are still asking their mommies
  • Options
    dsmall113dsmall113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me soo long to respond.  Just got back from a much needed vacation! haha.  We are getting married at the Log Cabin.  We met with one photographer about two weeks and he was he was rude and we were completely turned off by the way he presented himself.  The only downfall was that his photographs were beautiful.  We have an appointment with another one next week.  I hope this one works out!  Still searching for a florist though.  What about you?  Where are you getting married?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Brian Knicks, he is fantastic.  I can give you his contact information if you would like it, or he has a website that you can check out.  http://www.briannicks.com/
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard that Greggory's does have fantastic cake but when I stopped in to get more information on pricing and all that good stuff there were not very open to answering my questions.  I felt a little pushed off.  Maybe it was a busy day, who knows. lol We are still shopping around for cakes though.  Cerratos in West Springfield is probabaly on the top of my list right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I just got married in the Berkshires this summer. If you have ay questions, please let me know, it's fun to plan and I'd be happy to help Smile

Please check out this website for Wedding Photography www.richfrederickphotography.com

Rich has been a photographer for 15 years and is so creative and artistic. His prices are reasonable, starting at $1,500 he is your for the entire day!
  • Options
    nutmeg825nutmeg825 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brian Sullivan is a wonderful Photographer!  He is out of Longmeadow.  We booked him for our October wedding in the Berkshires.  He is very nice, calm, and organized.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards