Massachusetts
Options

Bar: Per Consumption Cost?

We are having a wedding in Western Mass in April 2011. With about 125 guests, does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost for beer and wine only all night (5 hours)????
At first we thought we would be ok capping it at $3000, but the catering manager at our venue scared us saying she has seen it go up to around $6000. We don't want our guests to start paying for drinks half way through the night...
Any advice or anyone that wouldnt mind sharing what it cost them would be very helpful!

Re: Bar: Per Consumption Cost?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    From what I've heard on estimating consumption bar prices, people on average drink 1-2 during cocktail hour and then 1 every hour after. 
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also think about the age and drinking personality of your guests, will there be many kids or non-drinkers at your wedding since they wont play towards your alcohol costs?
    My alcohol consumption estimate for my wedding for those guests who will be drinking is the same as above
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I think we'll estimate with that....it sounds reasonable and realistic.
    Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards