Massachusetts
Options

rehearsal dinner venue in Pioneer Valley area?

Getting married on a Sunday in October in Northampton and we're looking to do a casual rehearsal dinner the night before somewhere in the area. To give you an idea, I was thinking about Bubs BBQ catered at Look Park, but it's the end of October and you just can't count on the weather! Something along those lines would be great.

I'm not from the area (it's halfway for our familes and the fiance went to UMass Amherst), so I need some help!

Thanks in advance!

Re: rehearsal dinner venue in Pioneer Valley area?

• Options
    s44honeys44honey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a ton of restaurants in downtown Northampton and surrounding area. How many people will be at the rehearsal? Maybe you could just make reservations at a restaurant in the area? I think Look Park has an indoor room you can rent if you had your heart set on that.
  • Options
    amandaleigh77amandaleigh77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding will be at Look Park the next day.

I'm thinking the group will be 20 people at the most. Yes, a restaurant would be fine- I know there are lots in town, I'm just looking for recommendations!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would call around to some places in NoHo. I love going to dinner at East Side Grill and Mulino's. I'm not sure if either does private parties. In Amherst, Pasta y Basta is delicious and they might do private events.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    s44honeys44honey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my favorite places in Northampton is Osaka, they are a sushi and hibachi place. There is also Spoletto's for Italian. There is Fitzwilly's for Irish/american food. I have heard great things about the Northampton Brewery, but I havent been there yet. joncrissy's recs are good too.

I have not been with a group bigger than 8 in Northampton, so you'd have to call to see if anyone can accomidate your group. Hope this helps.

• Options
    edited December 2011

The Northampton Brewery is yummy and they have a really nice outdoor patio. In warm weather they have misters to cool you off. I'm not sure if they'd rent it out on a weekend night. Also, I haven't been there since I went to UMass, which was a few years ago so things may have changed.

Let us know what you decide! FI wants our rehersal dinner in Northampton and I would love to know who would do it!

August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shoefly21Shoefly21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Soooo many fabulous places in northampton. I agree Eastside grill would probably be my top choice, I also love Sierra Grille. Osaka's is a lot of fun too, their sushi is very delish. If your looking for somewhere not really in northampton, a favorite restaurant of mine in West Springfield is Cal's. Good luck planning!
    Our beautiful engagement pictures imageMy Bio... returning from hiatus
  • Options
    beamer84beamer84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with hibachi at Osaka. That's pricey though (I called, and it was over $30pp). Pizza Paradiso has a back room, and they offer many entree options (not just pizza).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards