Massachusetts
Options

DJ advice - Partytime Events?

Hi Ladies!
I've started the challenging task of finding a great DJ and wondering if anyone has any recommendations?
I attended a friends wedding a few months ago and they used Barry from Partytime Events who was absolutely awesome, we just got a quote and they're a little expensive and I'm wondering if anyone else has used them or has any suggestions for DJs?
Thanks! :)
?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?

Re: DJ advice - Partytime Events?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi there!  We are using Sal Fusco from After Hours DJ (based in CT, we are getting married outside of Northampton).  They get rave reviews and have been so professional and easy to work with.  We met with Sal for about forty-five minutes before we had committed or signed any contract, and he was extremely thorough, friendly, and patient with all of our questions.  He asked us questions that helped us to think about some things for the ceremony/reception that hadn't even crossed our minds.  It was really important for us to get someone who knew what they were doing, but who would be open to our style (non-intrusive, not flash) for the wedding, and he was definitely that.  I'm not sure what kind of budget you're working with, but they charge $1195 for 5 hours and $150 for the ceremony, if you need it.  That was comparable to a few different DJs that we had looked at, and we were just really impressed with their customer service, their music library, and the reviews that we've read online. 

We read about DJ Jason Palermo of JP Artistic Entertainment, that he was great and charges a lot less (something like $100/hour).  He was already booked for our date so we didn't get a chance to meet with him, but depending on your budget he might be worth looking into!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards