Massachusetts
Options

florist

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation for a florist in the sturbridge area? I looked up a list of florists in sturbridge and got a few but I'd like to know if anyone had any idea of good ones to call first. I will probably spend a day visiting different florists and getting quotes.

Re: florist

• Options
    I met with a few in Sturbridge when I was looking...below is my info on them.

1. Ladyslipper Designs: I really liked her and her ideas.  Right away she got my vision.  I ended up not going with her for a few reasons - first she said that she couldn't get me a flower that was in season and I specifically wanted for my bouquets (all the other florists I met with said they could) and she was charging me what I thought was a ridiculous transport fee when she only had to go 1 town over.
    2. Flowering Vine: I had seen their designs at a bridal show and liked them so I figured I'd give them a try.  She didn't totally listen to me when I was talking and was only picking out 1 flower for everything (when I said I wanted a combination of things).  I didn't go with her just because I didn't feel like she was listening to me.  Funny enought she must have put me in her books because I just got an email saying I didn't put down a deposit.
    3. Michele Bernard: I met with Michele one evening and I really liked her. I believe she's the preferred florist for Publick House.  She has a lot of stuff other than flowers that she can do and her prices were reasonable.  I did not go with her based only on her communication.  She told me that she would email me the quote (which she did right there with me) and I didn't get it...I gave her the benefit of the doubt since when we met a big storm was coming in so I followed up with her. She told me that she'd email it later in the day and never did...maybe this is just me but if you don't act like you want my business then I'm not going to bother.

I ended up going with Danielson Flowers in Shrewsbury (even though I'm getting married just northwest of Sturbridge).  I really liked them and they worked with my budget and what I wanted for flowers.  They also showed me some other flower options that would be nice to include.  They also said they would do a mock-up of my centerpieces for me closer to the wedding and I'd just have to pay for the flowers.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards